Turn on thread page Beta

Depressed and feel WORTHLESS compared to the older guy I like watch

I've got depression, dropped out of uni due to it and am stuck back at home again with an abusive family due to financial reasons.

I have no friends but I did meet a guy through temp work, who's older, in his thirties. He was bullying and rude the first time we met TBH, but I spoke to my other manager about it and then we became friends because he was nicer. He keeps flirting with me obviously which I guess is inappropriate but not OTT, and I didn't flirt back but completely fell for him. I learned he had a fiancee but I still have a thing for him.

I'm not even sure if I have a thing for him or I'm just jealous because he seems to have an amazing life, manager and is earning a lot at 37 (I'm 21), talks a lot about his parents and siblings at work (he apparently had a great childhood, still goes on holiday with his family and they go to all these expensive places - I had no childhood and wasnt allowed friends), is cultured, has two degrees and an mba, etc. It's not his fiancee I am jealous of it's him.

I only have to see him a few more times before I finish work but Im still dreading it. The fact I like him and the fact he seems to be better than me, an abused dropout who's depressed and has done nothing with her life for the last 5 years are awful. I even saw him talking to a new girl at work, not being flirty and complimenting appearance like he is with me but just nice and I felt awful and jealous because he was rude to me the first time we met. I'm trying to deal with my depression though haven't had the courage to see doctor but I can't stop thinking about him and every time I do I feel 10 times worse.

Help

*he's 39 this year sorry. I even felt jealous sounding about his plans for his 40th this month

I know I shouldnt be comparing to someone 18 years older but pretty much everyone at my age is better off than me too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.