Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My tutor has given out an assignment, but he hasn't taught us anything to do with it yet. I feel awkward talking to him, I personally don't like him, and I got the impression he doesn't like me. He's not even a qualified teacher, he's just a failed musician in his late 20s, who has somehow got a teaching job.

He's such an arrogant misery of a person, he's done this in the past and when you ask him to read your work or explain something, he'll say "you need to elaborate or add this etc etc", WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE ASSIGNMENT BREIFE! And when you do elaborate, he'll ask you to elaborate on that again.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricycake)
    My tutor has given out an assignment, but he hasn't taught us anything to do with it yet. I feel awkward talking to him, I personally don't like him, and I got the impression he doesn't like me. He's not even a qualified teacher, he's just a failed musician in his late 20s, who has somehow got a teaching job.

He's such an arrogant misery of a person, he's done this in the past and when you ask him to read your work or explain something, he'll say "you need to elaborate or add this etc etc", WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN IN THE ASSIGNMENT BREIFE! And when you do elaborate, he'll ask you to elaborate on that again.

What should I do?
    I'm in the same position. My AS music teacher is a complete disaster, I don't do anything in class and she sometimes doesn't even come to class. I was supposed to have my exam this year, but due to her teaching failure, I'm doing the exam in October. She hasn't marked any of the essays I've given in this year. The best thing to do is talk to your head of secondary or seek outside help.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.