Turn on thread page Beta

Mad Max: Road Fury looks like a real blast. watch

ReputationRep:
    97% on rotten tomatoes, and my favourite English actor (Tom handsome Hardy) in it, what's not to like?

Damn I am so going to watch it this weekend.

Anyone else planning on doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    It looks fantastic, it's been my most anticipated film of the year since they released this trailer. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow or Friday night after work :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Going to see it in IMAX 3D in a few hours. I haven't seen any of the old Mad Max films so i'm looking forward to it.

The jury is still out for me on IMAX 3D, i saw Interstellar in IMAX (2D) and it was jaw dropping. However i didn't find Avengers AoU that spectacular in 3D so i'm hoping Mad Max will change my view. I have seen Hubble 3D though which i believe was IMAX, so i know 3D isn't completely turd.

ReputationRep:
    Got my IMAX 3D ticket booked for tonight :excited:

(Original post by _Morsey_)
    Going to see it in IMAX 3D in a few hours. I haven't seen any of the old Mad Max films so i'm looking forward to it.

The jury is still out for me on IMAX 3D, i saw Interstellar in IMAX (2D) and it was jaw dropping. However i didn't find Avengers AoU that spectacular in 3D so i'm hoping Mad Max will change my view. I have seen Hubble 3D though which i believe was IMAX, so i know 3D isn't completely turd.
    I haven't seen AoU in 3D, but from what I've heard from reviews and reddit it was a particularly crappy conversion over to 3D. I'm more excited for the IMAX experience personally, I don't care about 3D but love seeing films in IMAX but my cinema doesn't have 2D IMAX showings of Fury Road, so hopefully FR handles it better! I'm deliberately staying as far away from reviews as possible until I've seen it for myself, so I'll have my fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to it.

Although, I'm trying not to let the whole argument about its 'feminist tones' spoil it for me. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing Charlize Theron as a lead, and I like strong female characters, but I'm just hoping it isn't going to push an obnoxious girl-power message...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Really looking forward to it.

Although, I'm trying not to let the whole argument about its 'feminist tones' spoil it for me. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing Charlize Theron as a lead, and I like strong female characters, but I'm just hoping it isn't going to push an obnoxious girl-power message...
    I read as little as possible about Fury Road once the review embargo listed, but I had heard about the "controversy" about it being a feminist propaganda piece, but the only sources I could find actually complaining about this were crappy sites at the arse-end of the "men's right activist" movement (nothing against MRA in general, but they have their fair share of bull**** just as actual feminists have to cope with their association with the arse-end of tumblr) posting clickbait articles to get traffic. Again, I could be wrong on this having tried to stay away from reviews, but I haven't heard of any reputable reviewers (or generally any outlet that isn't associated with either side of the gender equality debate) criticising the movie on this. And having just watched the movie, I can't imagine anyone viewing it objectively could possibly come to that conclusion. Strong female characters does not equal feminist propaganda.

I won't go into detail to minimise the risk of spoilers. All I'll say is don't let it concern you, go into the theatre open minded and have a blast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celineNOTdion)
    97% on rotten tomatoes, and my favourite English actor (Tom handsome Hardy) in it, what's not to like?

Damn I am so going to watch it this weekend.

Anyone else planning on doing the same?
    99% now!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely one of the best movie ive ever seen,the action is non stop an put together very well,the vehicles were off the hook,incredible scenes throughout,never seen an action film with this much action and intensity,should win a few awards,10/10

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.