Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have accepted LJMU as my firm choice
    I have my heart set on Grand central for 2015 commencing university term
    I am trying to apply there through LJMU and I've filled out all the boxes and stuff;
    BUT when I click on the drop down box for accommodation choices, Grand Central is not there is only
    apollo court, arrad house, cambridge court, capital gate, c|v liverpool, europa, liberty atlantic point, liberty prospect point, marybone 1 and north western hall.

I'm applying through LJMU website because I'll get put with other freshers.
    DOES this mean I've ****ed it? I really want to go grand central because it is in the center and I've heard it is full of students and is a party central. What do I do? : (

ReputationRep:
    When I go on the website it's there for me so keep trying id say

ReputationRep:
    I rang the accommodation office yesterday and was told it was pretty much full up bar some cancellations for the share bathroom suites, so you're best ringing yourself and checking whether it's full (it probably is by now) but you may still have your place if you managed to send the form in - 0151 231 4166. But if it's not an option on your form, that might be why.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey,

I've spoken to accommodation and you can't see Grand Central as an option because it's now full.

You could wait until clearing to see if any rooms become available but I'd say you're best choosing one from the list that's available now so you can at least get your second or third choice of accommodation before they fill up too. Plus there's no guarantee you'd get into a specific hall at clearing.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's obviously a popular choice but other halls are within walking distance and just as lively. Party invites aren't exclusive to the one place, so you won't be missing out on any of that!

You could always live in Grand Central in 2nd year if you wanted. What's your second choice for accommodation?

Kerri

(Original post by deaconk)
    I have accepted LJMU as my firm choice
    I have my heart set on Grand central for 2015 commencing university term
    I am trying to apply there through LJMU and I've filled out all the boxes and stuff;
    BUT when I click on the drop down box for accommodation choices, Grand Central is not there is only
    apollo court, arrad house, cambridge court, capital gate, c|v liverpool, europa, liberty atlantic point, liberty prospect point, marybone 1 and north western hall.

I'm applying through LJMU website because I'll get put with other freshers.
    DOES this mean I've ****ed it? I really want to go grand central because it is in the center and I've heard it is full of students and is a party central. What do I do? : (

ReputationRep:
    I spent ages on the phone to my mate who goes LJMU and lives there and he just talked to me about what the others were like and prices and stuff; I settled on marybone 1, north western hall and prospect point ahaha kind of works out better in a way; cos it's £40 a werek more to live at grand central than marybone 1 so. Thanks for the help though everyone; I was panicking a little ahahah

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at prospect point mate and I've been told it's got a good balance of the party-side (since it's got access to everwhere in the city) as well as the quiet side since it's not mega busy like it will be by central and northwestern halls (4 words - lime street train station...). Trust me, there'll be nights you'll be knackered and "party central" won't be great for that. You'll be partying almost every other day no matter where you stay mate, trust me, I'm from Liverpool and have mates that go LJMU. You won't be short for having a belter laugh no matter where you stay!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.