The Student Room Group

Should London underground implement women's only coach?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poohat
Only if we can have white-people only coaches/areas too. Either statistical discrimination is justified, or it isnt.

The vast majority of men do not grope women - yes some do, but most don't. If the existence of a small minority justifies segregation then "white people only" areas seems like an appropriate response to the fact that (eg) black people commit much, much more crime on average, even if most black people are not criminals.

It would actually be interesting to see the racial breakdown of Underground gropers - for example, certain non-white groups are far more likely to engage in street harassment/cat-calling even if the media usually tries to avoid mentioning this uncomfortable fact whenever the issue comes up.

I think you've got it all wrong here - it should be other races who have a carriage free from white people. Your post strongly implies that white people are at the greatest risk of groping/harassment, and that other races perpetrate this oppression. I fail to think of any instance where this is actually the case, and find it relatively easy to name numerous cases where the white majority have oppressed the racial minorities of our country and others. I think all races would be safer away from the presence of white people, if I'm being frank.
Reply 141
Original post by Guills on wheels
just to clarify I really actually am taking the piss. Please please please don't think that for a second I think RoK is a credible source on anything, even less so Roosh V or whatever his name is.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone here were to suddenly meet.

****. Would. Get. Real.
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.
Oh my word, you're my spirit twin. No sooner had I read this that I was doing the exact same thing - I've even got Amaretto-flavoured coffee! Are you talking about AS exams? Anyways,good on you for fighting the good fight of equal rights!

I have bourbon vanilla flavour coffee. Shaking things up a bit y'know.
Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.
Oh my word, you're my spirit twin. No sooner had I read this that I was doing the exact same thing - I've even got Amaretto-flavoured coffee! Are you talking about AS exams? Anyways,good on you for fighting the good fight of equal rights!

Original post by supreme overlord

alcohol and coffee?! Costa's finest cappa for me.

Original post by Mannz
****. Would. Get. Real.

It'd almost be amusing. Almost.

Original post by cat-pook
I think you've got it all wrong here - it should be other races who have a carriage free from white people. Your post strongly implies that white people are at the greatest risk of groping/harassment, and that other races perpetrate this oppression. I fail to think of any instance where this is actually the case, and find it relatively easy to name numerous cases where the white majority have oppressed the racial minorities of our country and others. I think all races would be safer away from the presence of white people, if I'm being frank.

absolutely yes.

i'm sure the women of the world appreciate you jeopardising your grades to go round in circles on an internet thread c;

again, absolutely. I can almost feel the seismic change in society.
Original post by EatAndRevise
Why would anyone assume that? That would be even more ridiculous than having a women-only coach. You seriously can't fathom that families use trains?

When I saw women's only, I thought of segregation like "whites only." Segregation never had its exceptions for children and families. If a woman in Brazil and Japan and India, who have these female only cars, is commuting with a family and wants to take the woman's only coach, which I'm sure has happened and will happen, she obviously is going to go to the women's only section but I'm sure neither you nor me has any information at all about whether they will make an exception for her being with opposite sex family and children.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
When I saw women's only, I thought of segregation like "whites only." Segregation never had its exceptions for children and families. If a woman in Brazil and Japan and India, who have these female only cars, is commuting with a family and wants to take the woman's only coach, which I'm sure has happened and will happen, she obviously is going to go to the women's only section but I'm sure neither you nor me has any information at all about whether they will make an exception for her being with opposite sex family and children.

so it's less of a women only car and more of a let's ban women from 90% of the tube then.

no wonder you didn't ****ing like the idea.

again, absolutely. I can almost feel the seismic change in society.

oh so you're a white knight trying to get laid. Ok. Like I said, what people e-agree with for reps...and now, clearly, vagina.
oh so you're a white knight trying to get laid. Ok. Like I said, what people e-agree with for reps...and now, clearly, vagina.

... gotta love that term whiteknight.

I get laid enough already thanks and goodbye.

and yeah, because I'm totally trying to pick up half of tsr... I mean... if that's the way you see things but...

no.

and yeah, because I'm totally trying to pick up half of tsr... I mean... if that's the way you see things but...

no.

dude
idk about this getting laid from this thread thing
i'd have to ask my girlfriend
so it's less of a women only car and more of a let's ban women from 90% of the tube then.

no wonder you didn't ****ing like the idea.

Ugh. This whole time I was disputing the whole idea BECAUSE I thought it meant they were mandating women's only aka banning and segregating. My first post literally said I disagree because segregation is a step back. If it's not segregation (it is), then someone should specify.

Now when you saw whites only you didn't think "ok whites have the option to sit or eat here, but no one else can go in, and they can't sit anywhere else, and if they do, nothing at all will happen to them. But if a white so chooses to go sit somewhere else (which they totally will, despite this sort of first-class section they have now exclusively to themselves), that would make perfect sense." No, no one is going to think that.

When you see "only" you think, segregation as in, no one else allowed, and if you do enter, you will probably get persecuted or prosecuted in some manner.

But if a women's only coach is, the option to travel in that car, while still being able to travel in any other car, fine. As long as travelling in it doesn't provide some theoretical safety and as long as any men who do enter are penalized, fine. Anything else is just stupid.
dude

I know. I know.

Ugh. This whole time I was disputing the whole idea BECAUSE I thought it meant they were mandating women's only aka banning and segregating. My first post literally said I disagree because segregation is a step back. If it's not segregation (it is), then someone should specify.

Now when you saw whites only you didn't think "ok whites have the option to sit or eat here, but no one else can go in, and they can't sit anywhere else, and if they do, nothing at all will happen to them. But if a white so chooses to go sit somewhere else (which they totally will, despite this sort of first-class section they have now exclusively to themselves), that would make perfect sense." No, no one is going to think that.

When you see "only" you think, segregation as in, no one else allowed, and if you do enter, you will probably get persecuted or prosecuted in some manner.

But if a women's only coach is, the option to travel in that car, while still being able to travel in any other car, fine. As long as travelling in it doesn't provide some theoretical safety and as long as any men who do enter are penalized, fine. Anything else is just stupid.

tl;dr :smile:

Generally, men aren't allowed on these carriages, although old-men and young children can be permitted to travel in them (this depends which train company you are using).

no.

dude

I'm not talking about getting laid on tsr. One would assume if you're a feminist on the internet, then you're one in real life. I imagine you going to marches and public conferences supporting women's right based on the zeal you have here. If not, you're like I said: blowing smoke for reps online. And yes, tell us anything, that you have a gf and get laid all the time, yes. Of course :bored:
I'm not talking about getting laid on tsr. One would assume if you're a feminist on the internet, then you're one in real life. I imagine you going to marches and public conferences supporting women's right based on the zeal you have here. If not, you're like I said: blowing smoke for reps online. And yes, tell us anything, that you have a gf and get laid all the time, yes. Of course :bored:

she's questioning our reasons for being on this thread i am now faced with the crushing realisation i am only here to procrastinate

abort abort
I know. I know.

tl;dr :smile:

Of course it is. You've made a new friend. Why bother, right?
You've already had no leg to stand on as it is so of course you're running off with nothing to say.

Anyhow, women's only carriages are segregation if it means women cannot ride in other cars. If they can, but any man who for some reason ventures into the car does not face a penalty for doing so, then they're utterly pointless. They're utterly pointless anyway if a woman does have a choice to sit in a regular car on the tube because there are still women around vulnerable to getting groped!!? :facepalm:
she's questioning our reasons for being on this thread i am now faced with the crushing realisation i am only here to procrastinate

abort abort

I'll throw you a rep and a "lol" big guy.

I don't know about the bourbon, but VANILLA? :smile: Now we're talking...
I have vanilla flavoured Douwe Egberts coffee; it tastes rather smooth.
Impractical... In rush hour, if you see a gap you go for it... If denied entry on gender, id be pretty annoyed.

Also, if a woman is so concerned about squeezing in with men or women, GROW UP!
Original post by rtlloyd98
Impractical... In rush hour, if you see a gap you go for it... If denied entry on gender, id be pretty annoyed.

Also, if a woman is so concerned about squeezing in with men or women, GROW UP!

You clearly haven't been sexually harrassed or assaulted then mate.
This isn't a question of women being too dainty to crush in with everyone else, it's a question of crowded public transport being prime pervert hunting grounds.

abort abort

"balls"

Quick Reply