Turn on thread page Beta

Her brother died and she attempted to have sex with me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR, my friends brother recently died (it is a shame he was a great guy), and I went to visit her yesterday. (she has started wearing very black almost gothic outfits and was listening to I think they are called Three Days Grace and one song in particular called 'never too late' whether that is relevant?).

We cuddled. However, she then went to kiss me and tried to pull me onto the bed. I gently wriggled away and went to leave she 'no stop don't go I love you and need you!', so I replied that I did not want to take advantage of her and I had to go.

I am going to visit her today as I do not have any university lectures. I realise I have been a jerk and I am going to take her flowers and chocolates and hopefully that will make her feel better.

I would like in many ways very much to have a relationship with her. However, it would be wrong of me to take advantage of her as she is particularly vulnerable. What should I do if she attempts to kiss or have sex? I really do not want to abuse her trust and take advantage of her.

ReputationRep:
    Just have sex with her. What have you got to lose...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever been in such a situation. She is going through such a horrendous time that I do not wish to depress her or hurt her feelings. However, I also do not want to take advantage of her.

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, another VERY silly thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    That would be taking advantage of her. Over time she might regret it and I do not wish for that to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    Should I just leave her to grieve and to her own devices for a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calvin11)
    Hello TSR, my friends brother recently died (it is a shame he was a great guy), and I went to visit her yesterday. (she has started wearing very black almost gothic outfits and was listening to I think they are called Three Days Grace and one song in particular called 'never too late' whether that is relevant?).

We cuddled. However, she then went to kiss me and tried to pull me onto the bed. I gently wriggled away and went to leave she 'no stop don't go I love you and need you!', so I replied that I did not want to take advantage of her and I had to go.

I am going to visit her today as I do not have any university lectures. I realise I have been a jerk and I am going to take her flowers and chocolates and hopefully that will make her feel better.

I would like in many ways very much to have a relationship with her. However, it would be wrong of me to take advantage of her as she is particularly vulnerable. What should I do if she attempts to kiss or have sex? I really do not want to abuse her trust and take advantage of her.
    Well, while I can only extend sympathies to your friend in this current situation, I think that you're doing the right thing by not taking advantage of her, at this time. It will be tricky to get that balance, but being honest and upfront about your intention will help her in the long run. Your best bet will probably be to emphasize how you don't want to take advantage of her. It might be a good idea to say something along the lines of "Well, I know you're going through an unimaginably tough time at the moment, so I will give you some space if you want. But, if there's anything that I can do, I'm always here for you, if you want" etc.

She probably needs a little bit of space, but at the same time, you should still extend your hand of friendship at this difficult time...you're right to go see her, but please, don't think that you were being a jerk, because from the OP, you seem to be doing the right things.

ReputationRep:

Her brother died and she attempted to have sex with me?

I would like in many ways very much to have a relationship with her. However, it would be wrong of me to take advantage of her as she is particularly vulnerable. What should I do if she attempts to kiss or have sex? I really do not want to abuse her trust and take advantage of her. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.6.1...lies/frown.png

ReputationRep:
    You are a true gentleman! I think it's better if you talked to her about how you feel. That way she would understand you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pussy is pussy mate.
    She wanted to feel something other than sorrow for a bit and you denied her that. Ouch.
    ...Just being real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Pussy is pussy mate.
    She wanted to feel something other than sorrow for a bit and you denied her that. Ouch.
    ...Just being real.
    Her brother has just died. It would be wrong to abuse her trust.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i would be very careful. when someone is in a precarious emotional state like this they can easily start making false accusations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    hmmm i would be very careful. when someone is in a precarious emotional state like this they can easily start making false accusations.
    What do you mean? As in accuse me of rape? She is not a sociopath so she would not do that and anyway, how could I be accused of rape when the courts rape test (for want of a better word ), would show I and her did not have sex? I appreciate your concern though, and thank you for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    Her brother died and she attempted to have sex with me?

I would like in many ways very much to have a relationship with her. However, it would be wrong of me to take advantage of her as she is particularly vulnerable. What should I do if she attempts to kiss or have sex? I really do not want to abuse her trust and take advantage of her. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.6.1...lies/frown.png
    taking her chocolates and flowers are a great plan, if she initiates again you will know it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. be on your toes tho m8 never stick your **** in crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles97)
    taking her chocolates and flowers are a great plan, if she initiates again you will know it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. be on your toes tho m8 never stick your **** in crazy
    I do not believe she is crazy, I think she is just very upset at the loss of her brother. However, your advice is great and I appreciate it! So thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I do not believe she is crazy, I think she is just very upset at the loss of her brother. However, your advice is great and I appreciate it! So thank you!
    your welcome, and i know, she probably isn't but i'm just warning you it can cause problems! have fun

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? As in accuse me of rape? She is not a sociopath so she would not do that and anyway, how could I be accused of rape when the courts rape test (for want of a better word ), would show I and her did not have sex? I appreciate your concern though, and thank you for the advice!
    the whole point about false accusations is that your life can be ruined without any evidence or conviction whatsoever... just getting your name associated with that kind of thing would be devastating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Well, while I can only extend sympathies to your friend in this current situation, I think that you're doing the right thing by not taking advantage of her, at this time. It will be tricky to get that balance, but being honest and upfront about your intention will help her in the long run. Your best bet will probably be to emphasize how you don't want to take advantage of her. It might be a good idea to say something along the lines of "Well, I know you're going through an unimaginably tough time at the moment, so I will give you some space if you want. But, if there's anything that I can do, I'm always here for you, if you want" etc.

She probably needs a little bit of space, but at the same time, you should still extend your hand of friendship at this difficult time...you're right to go see her, but please, don't think that you were being a jerk, because from the OP, you seem to be doing the right things.
    Thank you for the wonderful advice!

ReputationRep:
    Light some candles, put on Marvin Gaye and put your charms on. Woo Hoo her like in Sims.

ReputationRep:
    I think what you're doing is really gentleman like. She is probably very emotional and is searching for love and comfort, try to give her love and comfort but without having sex with her as she may end up regretting that. Just speak nicely to her and hug her. Do you, in any way (physically or personality wise), remind her of her brother? Because sometimes she will attach herself to you since it is something familiar to her. I think you should help her overcome her sorrow. Who feels like having sex after the death of their brother? I know I wouldn't, so try and give her the love that she is missing right now (maybe sort of like brotherly love?)

Good luck. You sound like a nice guy, I hope it all goes well for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.