Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Business Studies - F291 18th May 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I couldn't find a thread on the OCR exam board so I thought i'd make one. Any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know where to start with the revision

ReputationRep:
    if anyone can recommend me some good revision sites / predictions that'd be great cos I'm struggling here :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I would say to do my mind maps of each topic area. It's useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've done glossaries of key terms for every section, and have made basic essay plans on common themes that they ask. Really worried about this paper as it's so pushed for time, an hour really isn't very long

ReputationRep:
    I think the best that you can do to prepare for this exam is to memorise all the definitions, consider advantages and disadvantages and prepare for having to write and think quickly. Highlight key parts of the case study so that you can add context within your answer. As long as you remember to provide a balance in your answer ("however", "on the other hand", etc.), include context (make your suggestions specific to the business) and answer the question at the end (have a conclusion to show you have answered the question as a whole), then it should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    how would you recommend approaching the case study. my main struggle is getting case study context into my question. An hour for this exam is so unfair aswell.

ReputationRep:
    It's best to highlight the business' objectives or any recent issues they've been having. Then when you answer the question you can add in "...and this will help them to meet their objective of_____" or "...and this could help resolve the issue of____". Also, small phrases help. For example, say if it was a clothing company, through in phrases like "the manufacturing of the garments" or "the distribution of the t-shirts and trousers", just to show you understand what the business is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasinasc)
    It's best to highlight the business' objectives or any recent issues they've been having. Then when you answer the question you can add in "...and this will help them to meet their objective of_____" or "...and this could help resolve the issue of____". Also, small phrases help. For example, say if it was a clothing company, through in phrases like "the manufacturing of the garments" or "the distribution of the t-shirts and trousers", just to show you understand what the business is.
    ah right, thanks. gonna go through some past papers and do some quick plans.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'm sitting the exam tomorrow as well for the second time. My main issue with this paper is the timing - I can't write or think fast enough!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'm sitting the exam tomorrow as well for the second time. My main issue with this paper is the timing - I can't write or think fast enough!
    the timing is the real issue, if we had half an hour more, our answers would be so much better and well thought out but you just end up rushing in this exam as you want to be able to actually finish it ontime! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly9711)
    the timing is the real issue, if we had half an hour more, our answers would be so much better and well thought out but you just end up rushing in this exam as you want to be able to actually finish it ontime! :/
    Yes half an hour would make all the difference! Till then, it just looks like I have to practice speedy writing in the next 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    Yes half an hour would make all the difference! Till then, it just looks like I have to practice speedy writing in the next 24 hours
    haha, yeah good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marhabahanif)
    Hi guys, I couldn't find a thread on the OCR exam board so I thought i'd make one. Any predictions?
    there will be paper

ReputationRep:
    I hated the Network Rail one last year! Really hope this is a supermarket or at least a business that makes a profit!

ReputationRep:
    What should I revise for tomorrow ??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions on what they think may come up on this paper?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone write main points to put in questions which might come up please ?? that would be really useful because I'm really stressed about the exam right now!! 😬 thanks

ReputationRep:
    From an A2 perspective, retaking this paper, I'd like to let you know that relatively, this paper is the easiest you will ever come across. However, based on time allocated, and content required, it is also the most time-essential paper you will ever come across too. I can't help with predictions sadly, but take my word, and just write QUICKLY but very specifically.. I know many of us waffle for our own safety, but specifics really are key, despite the simple and common-sense content. Good Luck tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stresso)
    From an A2 perspective, retaking this paper, I'd like to let you know that relatively, this paper is the easiest you will ever come across. However, based on time allocated, and content required, it is also the most time-essential paper you will ever come across too. I can't help with predictions sadly, but take my word, and just write QUICKLY but very specifically.. I know many of us waffle for our own safety, but specifics really are key, despite the simple and common-sense content. Good Luck tomorrow
    I completely agree. It is the easiest out of the two year course but the timing is a joke. Thanks though

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.