Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help, I have been offered a place subject to a successful APEL submission, what does this entail exactly???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kammy7103)
    Help, I have been offered a place subject to a successful APEL submission, what does this entail exactly???
    Each university can set its own APEL process and the requirements will be tailored to both you and your course. You therefore need to go back to your prospective uni - preferably the contact who is dealing with your APEL submission - and ask them exactly what they want.

Most unis will have a web page which goes through the likely requirements, but as above, they will be tailored for your situation. It's just a way of assessing your suitability for the course to which you've applied, when you don't necessarily have the same qualifications as a school leaver. It also allows more flexibility in taking your work and life experience into account. It's a lot better than just a blanket edict that all mature students have to do an Access course, so I think it looks like a great step forward in mature student recruitment to uni courses.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Each university can set its own APEL process and the requirements will be tailored to both you and your course. You therefore need to go back to your prospective uni - preferably the contact who is dealing with your APEL submission - and ask them exactly what they want.

Most unis will have a web page which goes through the likely requirements, but as above, they will be tailored for your situation. It's just a way of assessing your suitability for the course to which you've applied, when you don't necessarily have the same qualifications as a school leaver. It also allows more flexibility in taking your work and life experience into account. It's a lot better than just a blanket edict that all mature students have to do an Access course, so I think it looks like a great step forward in mature student recruitment to uni courses.

Good luck!
    Thanks Klix88

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.