Wjec g1 2015 Watch

Ellshow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am seriously stressing out for what I put for the climate change question now people are talking about it.

For Question 1 (B) i wrote how human activities such as burning fossil fuels are rising ocean temps and creating tropical storms eg) hurricane Katrina. However people believe it was how human activities are affected by extreme weather events?

For Question 1 (C) I wrote about mitigation strategies such as how Bangladesh are using behavioural management such as changing there agriculture from rice to fish. Then talked about individuals switching to renewable energy et.. Then talked about Greenpeace and lobbying and campaigns such as the save the Arctic campaign. I forgot to say if they were successful or not!

Please help me!!:confused:
Laurenloops
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ellshow)
I am seriously stressing out for what I put for the climate change question now people are talking about it.

For Question 1 (B) i wrote how human activities such as burning fossil fuels are rising ocean temps and creating tropical storms eg) hurricane Katrina. However people believe it was how human activities are affected by extreme weather events?

For Question 1 (C) I wrote about mitigation strategies such as how Bangladesh are using behavioural management such as changing there agriculture from rice to fish. Then talked about individuals switching to renewable energy et.. Then talked about Greenpeace and lobbying and campaigns such as the save the Arctic campaign. I forgot to say if they were successful or not!

Please help me!!:confused:
For 1B, i also read it as how human activities affect extreme weather, and wrote about warming seas and hurricane Katrina (although one of my friends wrote about how extreme weather affects human activity, so i'm not sure if I got it right :/ )

For 1C, I put a vague amount about how successful they are, not a lot though. I basically mainly wrote about greenpeace and how individuals can help combat climate change

Hopefully we read 1B right! :O
Ellshow
Rep:
?
Ive just asked my geography teacher and looked at the paper. Unfortunatly it said how human activities are effected by extreme weather:/ this means i got it completely wrong! Theres other people who said they read it wrong too so hopefully the the mark scheme can accomidate for the awful wording of the question! I feel awful, i dont think i will get an A now
Laurenloops
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ellshow)
Ive just asked my geography teacher and looked at the paper. Unfortunatly it said how human activities are effected by extreme weather:/ this means i got it completely wrong! Theres other people who said they read it wrong too so hopefully the the mark scheme can accomidate for the awful wording of the question! I feel awful, i dont think i will get an A now
Oh no I got it completely wrong as well! That sucks I'm just wondering how I read it so wrong!? Maybe it was just reading too fast, I don't know :/ Hopefully seeing as quite a few people read it wrong, they might allow a few marks though :/ At least there's still another on Friday to bring marks up I guess
Ellshow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurenloops)
Oh no I got it completely wrong as well! That sucks I'm just wondering how I read it so wrong!? Maybe it was just reading too fast, I don't know :/ Hopefully seeing as quite a few people read it wrong, they might allow a few marks though :/ At least there's still another on Friday to bring marks up I guess

Well im glad im not the only one! I prefer G2 better but im so worried about it, i never seem to get anything more that 6/10 so that will not help my marks that i messed up on G1
_annabellle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for 1b i wrote about how human activities are effected by extreme weather but wrote about hurricane Katrina :/
i don't know about anybody else but i found myself very rushed for time in that exam! also all the questions i didn't want to come up did!!
_annabellle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I especially found the last question hard for my physical investigation presentation because i only used scatter and bar graphs and there isn't that much to write about either.
OPR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A lot of people where I study seemed to misinterpret 1)C) and wrote about government rather than individuals or pressure groups - thankfully I think I got it, I wrote similar answers to you guys. 1)B) I wrote about the effects on people of Hurricane Sandy and a European Heatwave.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On the final question, you are required to put your coursework question. I forgot to put mine down, will i get 0 marks? Any help much appreciated
Matthewdang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry, my teacher said if u don't put the main question down the highest u can get is 3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Matthewdang)
Sorry, my teacher said if u don't put the main question down the highest u can get is 3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
O dear, is that true or did the teacher jsut say that to scare you into remembering it?
Matthewdang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Both of my geography teachers said that so I'm assuming it's true. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (62)
15.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.63%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.49%

Watched Threads