29.61%
    easy
    18.43%
    very easy
    10.24%

ReputationRep:
    How hard did you find the C1 EDEXCEL?

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely a harder paper than the other years, so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be lower: 70-75% for an A. However everything on the paper seemed quite logical, hopefully I managed to get 100%.

ReputationRep:
    It was hard, but not impossible to do. Hope C2 will be alot more easy than C1

ReputationRep:
    It was probably the hardest one yet but hopefully I didn't mess up too bad and will be able to make up for it in c2 and s1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't think it was that hard, it was just that they requiered many steps and it was easy to trip up.

ReputationRep:
    That was not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Massive emphasis on surds in that paper. Not impossible, but definitely more challenging than any previous years.

ReputationRep:
    I've just being doing Solomon papers and your IYBG papers TeeEm everyday for the last week and so in comparison that paper seemed fairly easy

ReputationRep:
    Probably one my harder C1 100%'s, so yeah, in that regard - harder

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it followed the normal structure so much this year which has thrown people off! Including me!

ReputationRep:
    I accidentally ticked very hard. I misclicked however, I found it very easy. Please take that into account when browsing results, regards

ReputationRep:
    It was alright,nsome parts were confusing but overall okay

deffo harder than previous ones, hoping for lower grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan97)
    I've just being doing Solomon papers and your IYBG papers TeeEm everyday for the last week and so in comparison that paper seemed fairly easy
    IYBG papers? What are those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooxbridge)
    IYBG papers? What are those?
    TeeEm wrote them (I think?) and are on his website. There are some very obscure and interesting papers!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a pretty nice paper. Hoping to get around 70/75.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely low grade boundaries from what I've heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    TeeEm wrote them (I think?) and are on his website. There are some very obscure and interesting papers!!
    Thanks, I'll check them out for C2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon-)
    It was definitely a harder paper than the other years, so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be lower: 70-75% for an A. However everything on the paper seemed quite logical, hopefully I managed to get 100%.
    what was your x coordinate for question 10? and if you can remember how did you get there?

did you make f'(x) = -1/2 then go from there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I tried to \google it but cant somehow. DO you have any link for this paper?
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    lol people saying very easy must be very good at maths

With out a doubt the hardest C1 paper to date, how can people say easy?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 31, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.