The Student Room Group

GCSE edexcel Chemistry-C1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by boundlessea
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! I, myself, am petrified. Chemistry isn't my most favorite subject. :-/

Just relax! Clear your mind of all negative thoughts and sit down with a positive mindset of I can do it! It will make all the difference and you will fly through the exam! Just make sure you cover everything!! Good luck x
Original post by Ash Kay
Just relax! Clear your mind of all negative thoughts and sit down with a positive mindset of I can do it! It will make all the difference and you will fly through the exam! Just make sure you cover everything!! Good luck x

Thank you so much! Best wishes to you. :smile:
I need an A in it tomorrow to get into A level at my school and if I don't get in I cant do the uni course that I really want to do so much pressure I'm stressing out
Original post by Hamzahs99
Doesnt everyone whos doing the paper do it all at the same time?

Nope! Every centre has their own timing. Timezones matter too, mate.
Original post by JessicaMacluskie
I need an A in it tomorrow to get into A level at my school and if I don't get in I cant do the uni course that I really want to do so much pressure I'm stressing out

Relax you'll be fine. As is a fair step up but is much more interesting than GCSE is

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think uses of the different polymers r gonna come up and I'm absolutely **** at remembering those! 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boundlessea
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! I, myself, am petrified. Chemistry isn't my most favorite subject. :-/

Aw don't worry don't stress about it seriously. . . it will be easier than you think :smile: look through a few past papers now if you want to do some last minute revision
Original post by Earl Francis
What time will your exams be? and is it possible if you guys tell us what came for the paper? as well as for the 6 marks

Mine is first thing in the morning. No one will, or I hope not, do that. How do you know edexcel aren't moderating these forums? :s
Problems with Polymers and maybe something to do with extracting metals? hmm
what are the disadvantages of hydrogen fuelled cells over petrol??
HELP
what do you think the predictions are for C1 tomorrow?
Original post by Dudeyoufugly
HELP

One example is that to produce hydrogen you still need to use fossil fuels to do so, so it can be expensive. Also not all vehicles can use hydrogen like most can use petrol, so it may cost more to produce hydrogen-using cars
Original post by Ltaylor10
One example is that to produce hydrogen you still need to use fossil fuels to do so, so it can be expensive. Also not all vehicles can use hydrogen like most can use petrol, so it may cost more to produce hydrogen-using cars

would you get marks for saying its carbon neutral then; most textbooks mention it...?
HELP

one disadvantage is that hydrogen is hard to store and transport, due to it having to be contained at high pressures, whereas petrol is a liquid and can easily be stored and transported
Original post by hhmerrony
one disadvantage is that hydrogen is hard to store and transport, due to it having to be contained at high pressures, whereas petrol is a liquid and can easily be stored and transported

is that because it's a gas?? or due to hydrogen being very explosive??
HELP

Hydrogen is not a readily available fuel as you must either react steam with a non-renewable energy resource, or use electrolysis to obtain it. Once you have got it, that is even more problematic; as it is a gas, it must be compressed and chilled before being stored, and actually may explode because it's highly flammable.
Also, the spec mentions "5.14 Demonstrate an understanding that the Earth’s temperature varies and that human activity may influence this" would this be due to combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation??
is that because it's a gas?? or due to hydrogen being very explosive??

because it's a gas :smile:
Also, the spec mentions "5.14 Demonstrate an understanding that the Earth’s temperature varies and that human activity may influence this" would this be due to combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation??

and cattle farming
Original post by hhmerrony
and cattle farming

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest