Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a little confused. For this exam do we need to know every single core study?

All 15?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've moved this to Psychology where you should get a more suitable response

(Original post by LaurenceJ96)
    I am a little confused. For this exam do we need to know every single core study?

All 15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I've moved this to Psychology where you should get a more suitable response
    For section A yes as theres a question for every study
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Jakz007)
    I think you've quoted the wrong person The OP needs help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I think you've quoted the wrong person The OP needs help
    haha! my badd

ReputationRep:

All 15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakz007)
    I see.

What about section B and C?

ReputationRep:
    I see.

What about section B and C?
    Well if you knew what would come up in B and C- you'd obviously revise just them but we dont so we have to know everything. Although, there have been predictions floating about, such as maguire, milgram, samuel and bryant for section B and psychodynamic for section C but just make sure you know most of everything to be safe

ReputationRep:
    It's all in the mind, most of the studies are just about ****ing your parents anyway

ReputationRep:
    How do you memorise every study in detail? Do you have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Guys predictions for Sections B & C????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rstlss)
    Guys predictions for Sections B & C????
    This afternoon I've spent a bit of time looking over past Section B topics for the core studies papers (working out when they last appeared and how often they have appeared) and if I'm correct our top 5 hit list needs to be:
    1) MAGUIRE - It's the only study that has only ever been on the paper once and also hasn't been on since June 2012. For me, it's a sure bet.
    2) SAMUEL AND BRYANT - has featured twice but not since January 2011
    3) MILGRAM - has featured twice but not since January 2012
    4) GRIFFITHS - has featured twice but not since January 2012
    5) BANDURA - has featured twice but not since January 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogman2)
    This afternoon I've spent a bit of time looking over past Section B topics for the core studies papers (working out when they last appeared and how often they have appeared) and if I'm correct our top 5 hit list needs to be:
    1) MAGUIRE - It's the only study that has only ever been on the paper once and also hasn't been on since June 2012. For me, it's a sure bet.
    2) SAMUEL AND BRYANT - has featured twice but not since January 2011
    3) MILGRAM - has featured twice but not since January 2012
    4) GRIFFITHS - has featured twice but not since January 2012
    5) BANDURA - has featured twice but not since January 2012
    Thanks for this, I think all of these studies are quite good, excluding griffiths (I'm not as good at that one), so things looking good so far.

Anyone got any predictions for section C??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rstlss)
    Thanks for this, I think all of these studies are quite good, excluding griffiths (I'm not as good at that one), so things looking good so far.

Anyone got any predictions for section C??
    My teacher has been urging us to revise the psychodynamic perspective as she has a strong feeling that will come up!

ReputationRep:
    The only study to have come up once is Maguire, and that was way back in June 2012, a reasonable time ago? All the rest have been there twice or three times.Don't quote me on it, but I think its very unlikely we'll have Reicher & Haslam, Thigpen & Cleckley, Dement & Kleitman or Loftus & Palmer appearing this year. They've either been on the paper last year or been on 3 times.

I'm focusing my revision on Maguire (1; last June 2012), Samuel & Bryant (2; last Jan 2011); Milgram (2; Jan 2012), Griffiths (2; Jan 2012), Bandura (2; last Jan 2012), Piliavin (2; June 2012), and Savage-Rumbaugh (2; last June 2012).

Out of these the link could be lab experiments and it be Maguire, Samuel & Bryant, Milgram or Bandura; field studies, which would be Griffiths, Piliavin and perhaps one other (Rosenhan? Though he's been there 3 times so this would be unlikely); and quantitative data (Maguire; Samuel & Bryant; Griffiths). Again, exam paper writers can be very unpredictable so don't quote me on it, but there is a general pattern and it is very very likely that at least one of the studies I've mentioned will come up and you can select that one maybe?

For section c, psychodynamic perspective seems likely as its only been there twice (all others 3/4 times and behaviourist twice but was there last year). That's a hard one and due to behaviourist perspective and cognitive approach being linked to laboratory experiments in section c last time it seems possible that they could maybe be linked to case studies. Psychodynamic perspective you can only refer to Thigpen & Cleckley and Freud which are both case studies. This could maybe be put alongside individual differences in which Thigpen & Cleckley and Rosenhan could be considered case studies in that they are longitudinal and have small samples. But individual differences was there two years ago so...?

Developmental approach hasn't appeared since June 2012 and Social approach hasn't appeared since Jan 2013 so are all very possible.

In summary (sorry this is so long); Maguire, Milgram, Samuel & Bryant, Griffiths, Bandura, Piliavin in Section B, psychodynamic, social, developmental and individual differences in section c.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyB97)
    The only study to have come up once is Maguire, and that was way back in June 2012, a reasonable time ago? All the rest have been there twice or three times.Don't quote me on it, but I think its very unlikely we'll have Reicher & Haslam, Thigpen & Cleckley, Dement & Kleitman or Loftus & Palmer appearing this year. They've either been on the paper last year or been on 3 times.

I'm focusing my revision on Maguire (1; last June 2012), Samuel & Bryant (2; last Jan 2011); Milgram (2; Jan 2012), Griffiths (2; Jan 2012), Bandura (2; last Jan 2012), Piliavin (2; June 2012), and Savage-Rumbaugh (2; last June 2012).

Out of these the link could be lab experiments and it be Maguire, Samuel & Bryant, Milgram or Bandura; field studies, which would be Griffiths, Piliavin and perhaps one other (Rosenhan? Though he's been there 3 times so this would be unlikely); and quantitative data (Maguire; Samuel & Bryant; Griffiths). Again, exam paper writers can be very unpredictable so don't quote me on it, but there is a general pattern and it is very very likely that at least one of the studies I've mentioned will come up and you can select that one maybe?

For section c, psychodynamic perspective seems likely as its only been there twice (all others 3/4 times and behaviourist twice but was there last year). That's a hard one and due to behaviourist perspective and cognitive approach being linked to laboratory experiments in section c last time it seems possible that they could maybe be linked to case studies. Psychodynamic perspective you can only refer to Thigpen & Cleckley and Freud which are both case studies. This could maybe be put alongside individual differences in which Thigpen & Cleckley and Rosenhan could be considered case studies in that they are longitudinal and have small samples. But individual differences was there two years ago so...?

Developmental approach hasn't appeared since June 2012 and Social approach hasn't appeared since Jan 2013 so are all very possible.

In summary (sorry this is so long); Maguire, Milgram, Samuel & Bryant, Griffiths, Bandura, Piliavin in Section B, psychodynamic, social, developmental and individual differences in section c.
    You're prediction is very general hahahah, I'd really like Milgram or Piliavin to appear, wouldn't mind bandura or maguire, I'd also like Social or development to appear in section C

ReputationRep:
    lol just learn everything inside out, with the exception of one of the perspectives. btw guys:how would u answer this question:(c) Describe how apparatus/materials were used to collect data in your chosen study. (section b), as in how many points do I have to make to get the full 8marks?

ReputationRep:
    God I'm really worried. I hate having to revise for this because it's impossible to know whats going to come up. Even for section A, you cant really do past paper questions apart from getting a feel for what they're asking and the detail, you just need to know the study inside out. If anyone wants to revise with me by asking questions out the booklet please message me.

Section B I'm expecting either: quasi experiments, with Maguire, Griffiths, somethign else OR lab experiments, with Samuel and Bryant, Bandura, something else. I'm focusing my work on Samuel and Bryant, Griffiths and Maguire. I cant really do Maguire that well so I want to be able to, and Griffiths seems to be relatively strong, apart from the results.

As for Section C, cognitive is the only key assumption I can seem to remember, and that isn't going to come up. I'm working on psychodynamic (thats the unconscious and past experiences one I think) so I'll be able to ace it for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest haven't even looked at the pattern of exams you know. will do inhabit, but basically u need to know everything inside out. Bit stressful as I have A2 to worry about too. But oh well, gotta do what you gotta do.

ReputationRep:
    As a resit student I think its much better to learn more studies just in case as exams never really follow patterns, I give the evidence and people themselves can decide what to do with it! I don't want people not to revise thinks just on these predictions as who knows what goes through those villainous examiners' minds haha! Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2015

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.