The Student Room Group

Wjec philosophy and ethics

What are the predictions for the ethics 30 and 15 markers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know but if or does please tell, philosophy too would be nice
How did you find it?

I thought the questions were reasonable but the time allocation is ridiculous.

I answered every question but couldn't write very much per question. One of my 15 markers was also longer than a 30 marker because my time management was awful!

I'm not continuing it next year so hopefully it's an A or B, but I am really not confident about it.
Original post by Mr rump
How did everyone find the question on God?

Which section?

I chose Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism for the ethics paper.
Original post by Mr rump
All that's okay then as long as you didn't mention some of the old specification stuff like agape

You're joking, right? :eek:

Right?
Original post by Mr rump
Joking about what? The whole wjec spec has changed ������, your teachers have obviously taught you the old spec. I feel really bad for you ������

Hmm sureee.... :wink:

(seriously though that's not funny, I wouldn't put it past my school)
Reply 6
Original post by Comeback
Hmm sureee.... :wink:

(seriously though that's not funny, I wouldn't put it past my school)

Haha
Reply 7
Guys,

For Philosophy, I did the telelogical argument. I mentioned Aesthetic, Anthropic, Paley ect but I forgot to mention Aquinas and his 5th way. How much will I get marked down for this?
My ethics teacher said to us its impossible to ask a 30 marker on religious arguments againt (only against) Situation Ethics
Hi guys was part A situation ethics and part A natural law a Christian ethics question? My friends say natural law was a normal part A question but worded differently. I placed it as a Christian ethics type question.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yesyesyesno
My ethics teacher said to us its impossible to ask a 30 marker on religious arguments againt (only against) Situation Ethics

If you check the mark scheme for previous question even though it only says against you have to counter argue the points. It would be impossible to gain High marks only outlining one side of the argument.
Original post by Mr rump
Joking about what? The whole wjec spec has changed 😂, your teachers have obviously taught you the old spec. I feel really bad for you 😱

Mr rump can you see if you can answer my question.Thankyou.
Reply 12
Original post by Religion121
Hi guys was part A situation ethics and part A natural law a Christian ethics question? My friends say natural law was a normal part A question but worded differently. I placed it as a Christian ethics type question.

I did not answer the natural law question so I can't help you on this one, ask your teacher tomorrrow
Reply 13

As long as you mentioned the work of Charlie cryer, one of the philosophers and his opinion, you should get near enough full marks
Comeback can you remember if the part A natural law question was Christian ethics? . Thankyou.
Original post by Mr rump
Joking about what? The whole wjec spec has changed 😂, your teachers have obviously taught you the old spec. I feel really bad for you 😱

Comeback can you remember if the part A natural law question was Christian ethics? . Thankyou.
If you check the mark scheme for previous question even though it only says against you have to counter argue the points. It would be impossible to gain High marks only outlining one side of the argument.

That's not true, it's an AO1 you don't have to argue against the question. You literally state / explain all the religious arguments against and showing religious arguments for is not answering the question
Original post by yesyesyesno
That's not true, it's an AO1 you don't have to argue against the question. You literally state / explain all the religious arguments against and showing religious arguments for is not answering the question

So how did you answer the situation ethics question in the exam? How many pages of arguments did you write?
Original post by Mr rump
As long as you mentioned the work of Charlie cryer, one of the philosophers and his opinion, you should get near enough full marks

Cool

Hi, sorry I didn't do Natural Law so didn't read the questions (I chose beforehand to do Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism, went in and circled these and ignored the rest).

I'm sure you didn't misread the question if you're worried about that.

Quick Reply