The Student Room Group

AQA General Studies Thurs 14th May 2015

Hjjjh
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any one got any ideas what could come up? :s-smilie::s-smilie: I've done nothing on General studies at all and im super worried im gonna completely mess it up! :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 2
I did half a past paper lol and it seems okay
just read the source carefully and try to plan your essays before you write them
Reply 3
Are the 13/14 markers essays? How long should they be?
Reply 4
Does anyone have any idea how to structure the essay questions or if there is a preferable template to follow? Or how the marks are generally distributed?

Thanks
Original post by dripper
Does anyone have any idea how to structure the essay questions or if there is a preferable template to follow? Or how the marks are generally distributed?

Thanks

In our school we are taught marks are allocated for every point you write, so in the 13/14 markers you should be aiming to write 13/14 points, no marks for expanding but you should still do it to explain your point!
I think it'll either be on politics or on terrorism, relating to ISIS as it was on the news a lot during september when the paper was written

What does anyone else think?
Reply 7
I'm leaning with the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
Original post by dripper
I'm leaning with the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership

What kind of things do you think might come up about that :eek:
Reply 9
Why David Cameron is a dick
I did general studies as a lesson, and our teacher told us to aim to write 4/5 well structured and explained points for both of the 13/14 marker questions,

He also advised spend roughly 40 mins on the multiple choice, 5 mins on question 2(3 marks) 10 mins on question 3(5 marks), 15 mins on question 4(13 marks) and 20 mins on question 5(14 marks)

For the 3 marker - just bullet points no explanation needed
For the 5 marker - need full sentences with explanation DO NOT USE THE SOURCE
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lindseyw13
I think it'll either be on politics or on terrorism, relating to ISIS as it was on the news a lot during september when the paper was written

We got told it may be on the Scottish referendum
Reply 12
Has anyone had their general studies exam today?!
Original post by lindseyw13

I've been told it might be something to do with the EU. Is this not right???
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emiilya
Has anyone had their general studies exam today?!

Mines at 13:30 today :-(
Reply 15
What do you have to know about the UK and EU?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by ellarxse
Mines at 13:30 today :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emiilya

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, but I'm doing business studies so I'm just revising my BS3 notes on the EU as I need to revise that for business anyway
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
That's the GCSE paper
My exam is in an hour, do any of you know some topics they could focus on e.g. politics? etc...

Quick Reply

Latest