The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics Unit 2 (19th May 2015) - Managing the Economy Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauradaura
I forgot to put a cross in the box last year and got a 0 so I had to retake today...:dontknow:

Was that the only reason?!?!? it seems a bit drastic to give a zero based on that...
Reply 141
Evene if it was conflict with deman side polocies instead of between
You can still say pretty simillar stuff
Im sure it was between i went to the question many times

Also there was this question about factors that affected the mpc choice of keeping interest rates unchanged
What two factors did u write
Original post by nnemo
Evene if it was conflict with deman side polocies instead of between
You can still say pretty simillar stuff
Im sure it was between i went to the question many times

Also there was this question about factors that affected the mpc choice of keeping interest rates unchanged
What two factors did u write

i wrote about negative econ growth and unemployment i guess. And you?
I wrote about inflation lol and unemployment- would inflation have been okay? :s-smilie:
Original post by prepdream
i wrote about negative econ growth and unemployment i guess. And you?
I wrote about inflation lol and unemployment- would inflation have been okay? :s-smilie:

Sure, it could be unemployment, econ growth, inflation, current account, ect. It's fine :biggrin:
Sure, it could be unemployment, econ growth, inflation, current account, ect. It's fine :biggrin:

omgosh *sniff sniff* ...the way you put it so simply and reassuringly :':wink: thank you
omgosh *sniff sniff* ...the way you put it so simply and reassuringly :':wink: thank you

You are welcome :smile: Got this from tutor2u:

Their job is to make a judgement on what is the appropriate level of base interest rates for the UK economy consistent with the need to meet an inflation target set by the government

Which means that the main aim of changing interest rates is to meet inflation target so you are more than fine haha :smile:
Reply 147
Apparantley they take into account the output gap to !
I read it before the exam :smile:
Original post by nnemo
Apparantley they take into account the output gap to !
I read it before the exam :smile:

I wrote about commodity prices and wages, read it somewhere in my text book. Would that be ok?
Some people are saying that they got disqualified if they did not put a cross on the question they were answering whereas other people say they did not.
Who's right?
(edited 8 years ago)
How did everyone do?
91 UMS :-) Smasshed it. 4 pages for 30 marker macrecomic conflict monetary policy one helped as 1E on the Q
Original post by charlie3103
91 UMS :-) Smasshed it. 4 pages for 30 marker macrecomic conflict monetary policy one helped as 1E on the Q

Congratulations! I was so relieved when that question came up, it was exactly the one I did 2 days before the exam haha :biggrin:
Original post by daniel123
how did everyone do?

94/100 ums :smile:
Original post by Wallace1998
Some people are saying that they got disqualified if they did not put a cross on the question they were answering whereas other people say they did not.
Who's right?

I highly doubt anyone got disqualified for that, I didn't put a cross in my Micro paper and everything was fine
Original post by Daniel123
How did everyone do?

99/100 UMS. Absolutely thrilled :smile:
Original post by Wallace1998
Who's right?

Well I didn't put an X in the box but it was alright :biggrin:
Got a C on paper 1 but 94% on paper 2 so scraped an A overall!!!
Reply 157
99 ums in unit 1 :frown:
100 ums in unit 2 :smile:

199 overall so not too bad
Congratulations! I was so relieved when that question came up, it was exactly the one I did 2 days before the exam haha :biggrin:

Did it as a practice one but more time before aha but as a mocked timed one in lesion aha
Original post by LukeTR1998
Got a C on paper 1 but 94% on paper 2 so scraped an A overall!!!

wow any tips on revising section 2 and resources you could send me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending