Thrush - should my boyfriend be treated? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm being treated for thrush at the moment. Haven't had sex whilst I've had it but did have sex a day or so before it developed. Should my boyfriend be treated too? He says he hasn't got any symptoms. I'm a bit confused as I've read that male don't need to be treated if they don't have symptoms but also read that they need to be treated to prevent re-infection even if they don't have symptoms. Is it safe for him to just take a Canesten tablet even if he hasn't got thrush? I doubt he'll use the cream if I give it to him. I really don't want to be re-infected.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I had the same problem last year and my GP recommended that I asked my boyfriend (who wasn't showing symptoms) to take the tablet just to be on the safe side so yeah its safe.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could put the cream on him yourself...

.. but in any case, yes, he needs to be treated or you risk passing it back and forth.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm being treated for thrush at the moment. Haven't had sex whilst I've had it but did have sex a day or so before it developed. Should my boyfriend be treated too? He says he hasn't got any symptoms. I'm a bit confused as I've read that male don't need to be treated if they don't have symptoms but also read that they need to be treated to prevent re-infection even if they don't have symptoms. Is it safe for him to just take a Canesten tablet even if he hasn't got thrush? I doubt he'll use the cream if I give it to him. I really don't want to be re-infected.
I had thrush last year and my boyfriend didn't have any symptoms until after mine had cleared up, they are harder to identify in men and can often take longer to go than thrush in females, he should get the cream and start applying it before it progresses/if it progresses, you wouldn't want a circle of thrush being passed forward and back
betty.amysfanny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
guys dont get thrush,
DanE1998
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by betty.amysfanny)
guys dont get thrush,
Yes they do. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Thrush-...roduction.aspx
emec
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’ve had the same problem but spoke to my doctor who informed me that whilst men do get thrush because of their anatomy it’s much easier for them to get rid of it! As long as your boyfriend washes himself properly and gets right under everything he should effectively be able to wash it away.....so my doctor said! I still made my partner take a tablet to be safe though!
Amidaft
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How many tables do you take? My partner has given me 4? Seems odd to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (16)
26.23%
Spring (14)
22.95%
Autumn/Fall (15)
24.59%
Winter (9)
14.75%
I love them all equally (7)
11.48%