Turn on thread page Beta

AQA gcse chemistry units 2+3 14th may watch

ReputationRep:
    chemistry unit 2 and 3 on thursday!
    are you feeling prepared or nervous?
    predictions on the 6 marker and what could come up?

ReputationRep:
    yh **** yourself

ReputationRep:
    yh f uck youself

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous especially after B2 :/ Hopefully the 6 mark question will be a bit more normal this time.

ReputationRep:
    Sh*ting myself right now. But I'll post what I'm feeling after revision/past papers tonight...

ReputationRep:
    it had better not be writing an acids and bases experiment for the 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    it had better not be writing an acids and bases experiment for the 6 marker
    I doubt it will be, because that was on the specimen paper and the june 2013 paper, but you never know

ReputationRep:
    What topics u guys think r gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared, I'm so bad at chemistry; my brain just refuses to process it >.<

ReputationRep:
    Do you think salts will come up? we have not been taught much of this

ReputationRep:
    I want altering conditions of equilibrium to come up in c3...I've been so focused on that
    could this end up being a 6 marker or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edpercy)
    Do you think salts will come up? we have not been taught much of this
    Theres a good chance it could come up, if it is for a 6 marker it is likely to be about evaluating the different methods to create salts

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, the grade boundaries are lower for Chemistry compared to the other two sciences. So even if you think you will do bad, you may do better then you think

ReputationRep:
    I think c3 is going to be so hard! anyone able to explain haber process?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher analysed all past papers and she predicted that the six marker on unit 2 wil be on acids+base or precipitation, and titration on unit 3. But dont just revise that

ReputationRep:
    Oh goddd I don't get titrations and titrations calculations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    I think c3 is going to be so hard! anyone able to explain haber process?
    The Harber process is where Nitrogen form the Air is reacted with Hydrogen found as natural gas, to form Ammonia. The reaction commonly takes place at 200 Atmospheres (pressure), 450'C and in the presence of an Iron Catalylst. The ammonia is condensed once reacted to stop it from escaping as a gas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashedIt)
    My teacher analysed all past papers and she predicted that the six marker on unit 2 wil be on acids+base or precipitation, and titration on unit 3. But dont just revise that
    Anyone explain acids+bases and precipitation briefly? ****ting it for tomorrows exam and had a string of very bad teachers mixed with longing revision for it off, any help appreciated cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10popem)
    Oh goddd I don't get titrations and titrations calculations
    Titration is used to find out how much alkali neutralises a given amount of acid (or vice versa - you can have either in either container).

Alkali into burette using funnel (measure from the bottom of the meniscus which is the lowest point of the bubble). Acid into conical flask via pippete (more accurate) and place onto white tile so as to see colour change easier. Slowly add alkali into conical flask whilst swirling/stirring the acid. Stop when colour change. Note down how much alkali used. Repeat. You can do a rough titration at the start to get a rough idea of how much alkali you need and then do more accurate ones. Here's a good video explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQw-...wxc6v8cpzmS8-6

For the calculations, this video helped me immensely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_N2QU74AtM

Also for anyone doing last minute revision, this C3 revision playlist is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wxc6v8cpzmS8-6

ReputationRep:
    Dont just revise what i said, she has been wrong many times in the past

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.