izzymoors
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Guys,

I really felt with unit 1 psychology I had a really clear structure of everything which I needed to know.. however with unit 2 I don't feel I have a clear structure. Obviously I know the main topics are stress, social influence and abnormality, I'm just worried of leaving something out and not revising it!

If someone could outline to me what I need to know in which topic I'd be really grateful!!!
BLevers
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
STRESS:

1. The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)
  2. Stress related illness and the immune system.
  3. Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.
  4. Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.
  5. Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.
  6. Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

1. Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.
  2. Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.
  3. Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.
  4. Social influence in everyday life.
  5. Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.
  6. How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

1. Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.
  2. Biological approaches to Psychopathy.
  3. Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.
  4. Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.
  5. Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes)
izzymoors
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by BLevers)
STRESS:

1. The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)
  2. Stress related illness and the immune system.
  3. Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.
  4. Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.
  5. Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.
  6. Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

1. Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.
  2. Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.
  3. Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.
  4. Social influence in everyday life.
  5. Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.
  6. How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

1. Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.
  2. Biological approaches to Psychopathy.
  3. Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.
  4. Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.
  5. Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes)

Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
BLevers
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by izzymoors)
Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a problem!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (251)
47%
Take exams next summer (72)
13.48%
Change uni choice through clearing (115)
21.54%
Apply to uni next year instead (55)
10.3%
I'm not applying to university (41)
7.68%

Watched Threads