Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I really felt with unit 1 psychology I had a really clear structure of everything which I needed to know.. however with unit 2 I don't feel I have a clear structure. Obviously I know the main topics are stress, social influence and abnormality, I'm just worried of leaving something out and not revising it!

If someone could outline to me what I need to know in which topic I'd be really grateful!!!

ReputationRep:
    STRESS:

1. The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)
    2. Stress related illness and the immune system.
    3. Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.
    4. Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.
    5. Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.
    6. Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

1. Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.
    2. Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.
    3. Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.
    4. Social influence in everyday life.
    5. Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.
    6. How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

1. Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.
    2. Biological approaches to Psychopathy.
    3. Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.
    4. Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.
    5. Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLevers)
    STRESS:

1. The body's response to stress - The Sympathomedullary Pathway and Pituitary-adrenal system (Be able to outline them both)
    2. Stress related illness and the immune system.
    3. Stress in everyday life - Life changes and Daily hassles.
    4. Workplace stress - Effects of workload and control.
    5. Personality factors - Type A and Type B behavior, Hardiness.
    6. Psychological and Biological methods of stress management - Including stress inoculation therapy and drug therapy.

SOCIAL INFLUENCE:

1. Conformity and explanations to why people conform - Informational social influence, Normative social influence.
    2. Types of conformity - Internalisation and Compliance.
    3. Obedience to authority - Milgram's work and explanations to why people obey.
    4. Social influence in everyday life.
    5. Explanations of independent behavior - Locus of control, Resisting pressures to conform, Resisting pressures to obey authority.
    6. How social influence research helps us to understand social change - The role of minority influence in social change.

ABNORMALITY:

1. Definitions of abnormality and their limitations - Deviation from social norms, Failure to function adequately, Deviation from ideal mental health.
    2. Biological approaches to Psychopathy.
    3. Psychological approaches to Psychopathy.
    4. Biological therapies - Drugs, ECT.
    5. Psychological therapies - Psychoanalysis, Systematic de-sensitisation, Cognitive behavioral therapy

NOTE: If you would like more clarification, check the AQA website and the specification should be there! (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes)

Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzymoors)
    Thank you so much !!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not a problem!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.