Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what three of the five concepts do you think will come up. I'm hoping for balancing but it came up last year so starting to doubt it
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Probably fault

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted fault and judicial creativity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a founder of a new law journal - all of our writers are young, ranging from contributors in sixth form to contributors at university.

It is a great opportunity for you to get your name on the web for the right reasons. We are supported and have testimonials from multiple legal professionals.

If you have written legal articles/essays or are willing to write one for us, please private message me - and I will give you more information. It is a great opportunity!

ReputationRep:
    Fault, judicial and balancing? Although my teacher thinks they have to ask either morals or justice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddiee_xoxo)
    My teacher predicted fault and judicial creativity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey mad xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellsxxx)
    hey mad xx
    LOOOOL hey gal, this is my alternate identity - studious Maddie xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me out with how to structure the essays for the concepts, please? I'm really struggling with them. We learnt Fault, Justice and Morality, so if anyone knows anything about them? Also, as people are predicting Fault, maybe that one would be the best to plan out? What do we need to specifically put to be looking at an A or a B grade for the concepts essays? I have learnt pretty much everything for A-Level law off of my head, except from these essays, both Duress', Fraud and Criminal Damage, but I'm putting off these essays because I really don't know what to put for them? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Any model answers for Fault? I have an model answer for it but it's just too long (2300+) words :unimpressed: But everything in it seems relevant and worthy of 31 or 32/35 (As my teacher said) - My teacher predicted fault, judicial creativity and morals but personally I'm not learning morals since it has already come up twice in a row (2014 and 2013) so I'm learning justice on my own...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossnl)
    Can anyone help me out with how to structure the essays for the concepts, please? I'm really struggling with them. We learnt Fault, Justice and Morality, so if anyone knows anything about them? Also, as people are predicting Fault, maybe that one would be the best to plan out? What do we need to specifically put to be looking at an A or a B grade for the concepts essays? I have learnt pretty much everything for A-Level law off of my head, except from these essays, both Duress', Fraud and Criminal Damage, but I'm putting off these essays because I really don't know what to put for them? Any help is appreciated! Thanks
    It really depends on the particular question set as to how you structure your answer, but generally speaking, they tend to ask more or less the same thing.

For Justice:
    -Define law (Sir John Salmond is a good definition to use)
    -Briefly outline natural law and positivism
    -Define Justice (Oxford English Dictionary)
    -Explain how justice is a subjective term (e.g. pluralistic society); this is elucidated by the theories philosophers have given to it over the years

-Explain a few theories of justice (there are no set ones which have to be explained)
    -Illustrate your theory with a real-life example, e.g. the state pension scheme illustrates distributive justice
    -Evaluate the theory (e.g. utilitarianism refuses to concern itself with individual liberty)

-Explain the theories can be applied to various issues within procedural and substantive law (Any examples can be used)
    -Discuss the issues
    -Would they be "just" according to particular theories or not? (e.g. the state funded legal aid cuts may be just according to utilitarianism, the money can be better spent elsewhere bringing more happiness)

-Come to a conclusion which addresses the question set

For fault:
    -Explain what is meant by 'law' and 'liability'.
    -Explain that liability often coincides with fault (what is fault?), but the relationship is not a simple one
    -Fault varies from essential to obsolete across different areas of law

-Give examples of where liability is dependent on fault (e.g. voluntary acts, mens rea)
    -There are no set areas that have to be included, discuss what you like

-Give examples of where liability is not dependent on fault (e.g. strict liability)
    -There are no set areas which have to be included, discuss what you like

-Explain the arguments for and against fault-based liability

-Come to a conclusion which addresses the question set

Can't help you with morality as I'm not doing it, but hope the rest have helped! Btw, sorry about the late reply!

ReputationRep:
    What my teacher has said;

Law and Justice (Wont be Law and Morality as it has came up too many times)
    Fault (Didnt come up last year)
    Judicial Creativity (Didnt come up last year)

ReputationRep:
    Fault and Justice are likely.

Morality has come up too often.

My money is on Fault though.

ReputationRep:
    Can you answer the fault question from a purely criminal law point of view, or do you *need* to include civil as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstevo191)
    Can you answer the fault question from a purely criminal law point of view, or do you *need* to include civil as well?
    probably include some tort and how it's not as fault based as criminal law is, such as in vicarious liability. also about how malice in nuisance is fault based, however the rest of nuisance isn't really as there's no need to prove why the nuisance is being made. just add a bit in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rj97)
    What my teacher has said;

Law and Justice (Wont be Law and Morality as it has came up too many times)
    Fault (Didnt come up last year)
    Judicial Creativity (Didnt come up last year)
    This is the combination that i'm expecting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.