Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I dropped out two months into the second year of a 3 year course, and will be commencing a new 3 year course in September (starting at year 1). I understand that you only give funding for 3 years + 1. I dropped out due to illness and other mitigating factors, and read somewhere that sfe give consideration to students who drop out because of these reasons only a few months into a year. Is this true, or is there still no way I'd be able to get funding for my final year?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    For students who can't get full funding due to previous study it's actually the first year we wouldn't be able to fund, not the final year.

    We do take into consideration if a student had what are known as, 'Compelling Personal Reasons.' This can be where a student had to leave due to illness for example. All you would need to do is send a letter from a GP or from a lecturer who can explain the situation and how it led to you having to leave.



students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.