Cast your votes on the C1 grade boundaries
    my estimate is
    A around 60
    B around 53

ReputationRep:
    come and vote and see how others have voted
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3322317

ReputationRep:
    i think its more around 69 for an A honestly speaking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only aiming for B/C because I am not great at maths. B will probably be at 52 and C at 44. That was easily the hardest paper out of the 8 I've done over the last two weeks. I'm just gonna pick up and hopefully do better in C2 and S1.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly believe its much less. For a past paper I got 39 and it was an A3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    I'm only aiming for B/C because I am not great at maths. B will probably be at 52 and C at 44. That was easily the hardest paper out of the 8 I've done over the last two weeks. I'm just gonna pick up and hopefully do better in C2 and S1.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I don't do maths but I asked them how it went and all of them said It was easy, They all predicted the grade boundaries high, but then again they might just be chatting rubbish because I know almost all of them are **** at maths.

ReputationRep:
    This year C1 was easy, not the easiest one,but not difficult at all.But C1 is generally easy and boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @_sxrxhf)
    I honestly believe its much less. For a past paper I got 39 and it was an A3
    woah seriously?! That gives me so much hope! I counted up the marks I think I got at the end of the paper and I got to around 35 ish, and it was a really hard paper (in my opinion) so hopefully the grade boundaries are like you mentioned! What year was that paper if you remember?x

ReputationRep:
    Probably 65 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBluePianist)
    Probably 65 for an A
    Oh come off it. I found it easy too but you have to look at the relative difficulty compared to recent years. It's easy to think because you nail it that the A has to be high.

Without question it was a bit different and had more room for mistakes than the last couple of years.

Talk to some average candidates and I think you'll see a different side to the story.

I'm gonna say 61, just because it's hard for an A to really dip below that in C1.

ReputationRep:
    guys which out of c1,c2 or your applied do you perfer/do well in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaomar3737)
    guys which out of c1,c2 or your applied do you perfer/do well in
    The units I take 100 UMS pretty much always are FP1,FP2,FP3,M1,M2,C1,C2,C3,C4

ReputationRep:
    Most people that i have spoken to have ranged between 60-75 so id say an a would be anywhere from 63-65

ReputationRep:
    lol if only grade boundaries were voted...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    lol if only grade boundaries were voted...
    If only

ReputationRep:
    I made such silly mistakes in this, the paper was okay.. like someone said, there was more room for silly mistakes and my paper is the proof. I really hope grade boundaries are low. Even if I scrape a C..

ReputationRep:
    If I did really really bad in C1 but aced C2 and D1, is it possible to get above a C overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Art_nerd)
    If I did really really bad in C1 but aced C2 and D1, is it possible to get above a C overall?
    Well C1 is 1/3 of your mark, 67% is the other two so technically, yes. It depends how badly you do in C1 to be fair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.