Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it today?

I have for certain lost 6 marks due to missing out on the 12i 5 marker about the 2 distinct points of intersection and I only did half of a 2 marker so will have got 1 method mark. Hoping I can still get an A because it's usually around 61/72 for an A which means I can afford to lose 11 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    how did everyone find it today?

I have for certain lost 6 marks due to missing out on the 12i 5 marker about the 2 distinct points of intersection and I only did half of a 2 marker so will have got 1 method mark. Hoping I can still get an A because it's usually around 61/72 for an A which means I can afford to lose 11 marks
    thought it was pretty good, maybe a tad harder than the other papers but i didn't mind, getting ready for s1 now

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure how it went if I'm honest, Section A was a breeze but Section B stumped me a little bit, I think I have done okay except for Qu12, because honestly even though I feel like my method was correct I know I messed up the numbers, hopefully I'll get a few marks.

What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be? It was harder than some years so I reckon maybe 58/59 out of 72 for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey7695)
    thought it was pretty good, maybe a tad harder than the other papers but i didn't mind, getting ready for s1 now
    I'm preparing for s1 as well now! We just did a mock in class and I got 3 marks off an A so just need to scrub up on hypothesis testing and discrete random variables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECKl)
    I'm really not sure how it went if I'm honest, Section A was a breeze but Section B stumped me a little bit, I think I have done okay except for Qu12, because honestly even though I feel like my method was correct I know I messed up the numbers, hopefully I'll get a few marks.

What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be? It was harder than some years so I reckon maybe 58/59 out of 72 for an A?
    12i was brutal!! I think maybe 60/61 for an A after hearing other people's thoughts afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Did any one get an answer for Q12 i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz11)
    Did any one get an answer for Q12 i
    After looking at other forums it was 14/3, couldn't even attempt that question I just made them equal to eachother then wrote the equation for the discriminant so hopefully will get 1 or 2 method marks, I think I've got 60/72, but that's probably over ambitious, need to make up for it in my stats paper next week because C2 is just going to be catastrophic

ReputationRep:
    After looking at other forums it was 14/3, couldn't even attempt that question I just made them equal to eachother then wrote the equation for the discriminant so hopefully will get 1 or 2 method marks, I think I've got 60/72, but that's probably over ambitious, need to make up for it in my stats paper next week because C2 is just going to be catastrophic
    Thanks, I got that but i also got another answer too. Same I think I got around 60-62/72
    I'm scared for stats. Do you understand when to use permutations and when to use combinations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz11)
    Thanks, I got that but i also got another answer too. Same I think I got around 60-62/72
    I'm scared for stats. Do you understand when to use permutations and when to use combinations?
    Yeah! so like permutations is used when orders matter you know like in a lock code on a phone where each number has to be in a certain place. Then combinations is where it doesn't matter!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! so like permutations is used when orders matter you know like in a lock code on a phone where each number has to be in a certain place. Then combinations is where it doesn't matter!
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.