Turn on thread page Beta

so i'm moving in in a month with my long term boyfriend and a 'friend' we met in halls last year...we were all bullied quite badly by the other people we lived with, one boy was violent and threatened lots of people which was worrying...
    so we became a sort of little group and ate together/went out together a bit
    and we decided to move in together this year (into my flat my parents just bought)
    the problem is is that the friend is acting a bit strangely..i've asked him if he has any doubts and he says he wants to live with us but he recently has only been talking to us when he needs something and left a message about a month ago on the group chat saying 'i'm gong to london to see a friend in the summer i might come and see you at the same time' and that's it...
    is he literally just looking for a room to stay in or does he want to actually be friends with us? he was always also complaining last year that he had no friends and found it difficult...
    also he never invites us/each of us out we each have to ask him first
    he's very vocal/rude when he doesn't like something
    what do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    ask him, how do we know

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    ask him, how do we know
    I can't just ask him 'do you want to be our friend?' weird

ReputationRep:
    that wasn't what I meant, I meant you should have a polite discussion with him to find out what he really wants, see if you two can agree on a compromise

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    that wasn't what I meant, I meant you should have a polite discussion with him to find out what he really wants, see if you two can agree on a compromise
    Oh okay yeah maybe I should...i guess I'm just worried about like upsetting him...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.