I am not sure if it is?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    It is the TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition

https://secure.edexcel.com/subjects/...editorial=1078

I am not sure if it is?

Thank you.
    Can't guarantee, but exam invigilators are very unlikely to check/care.

The only things that are explicitly banned are those that have "Computer Algebra Systems". These are the ones that can integrate, e.g. x and give you x^2. If it can only give you "number" answers you should be fine..

It says on the front of most exams "You may use a graphical calculator", so if ever questioned just point to that. There is a JCQ document that says calculators should be wiped/reset before every exam, and that we're meant to be told do so, but it's never come up in mine.

I have a Casio 9860GII that you has a bloody SD-card slot, and I've never had a second look...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd1234)
    Can't guarantee, but exam invigilators are very unlikely to check/care.

The only things that are explicitly banned are those that have "Computer Algebra Systems". These are the ones that can integrate, e.g. x and give you x^2. If it can only give you "number" answers you should be fine..

It says on the front of most exams "You may use a graphical calculator", so if ever questioned just point to that. There is a JCQ document that says calculators should be wiped/reset before every exam, and that we're meant to be told do so, but it's never come up in mine.

I have a Casio 9860GII that you has a bloody SD-card slot, and I've never had a second look...
    Thank you very much.

My calculator does not do that it can only integrate with limits which yields valus.

Haha you legend.

When I did Core 1 there was a kid who had a calculator!

But thanks for the reassurance

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.

My calculator does not do that it can only integrate with limits which yields valus.

Haha you legend.

When I did Core 1 there was a kid who had a calculator!

But thanks for the reassurance
    No problem - I find it weird there's not more of this stuff online.

If you want extra confirmation there's a high chance on your edexcel maths spec, or somewhere on their website, it'll say something like "graphics calculators are allowed, but ones with computer algebra systems are not".

If you can find that and print it off, as well as this (maybe just cut out the bit that shows it doesnt have the CAS; he/she may be a bit iffy about the images bit below) and take 'em to the exams officer person at your school, you should be set.

edit: rethought it and that's probably overkill. there's a small chance he/she 'll just say no cos they hate kids / are stubborn or whatever, whereas it's very unlikely to get questioned anyway. only mentioned it cos I know our one pretty well, so had no trouble.

ReputationRep:
    No problem - I find it weird there's not more of this stuff online.

If you want extra confirmation there's a high chance on your edexcel maths spec, or somewhere on their website, it'll say something like "graphics calculators are allowed, but ones with computer algebra systems are not".

If you can find that and print it off, as well as this (maybe just cut out the bit that shows it doesnt have the CAS; he/she may be a bit iffy about the images bit below) and take 'em to the exams officer person at your school, you should be set.

Me too, thanks. It is frusturating idd :d

In the first link it says it is not banned so I suppose that is fine.

Sorry to be a pain, but what does the CAS do.

Thank you for all your help!

Are you doing maths fm edexcel/ ocr a physics chem

ReputationRep:
    Me too, thanks. It is frusturating idd :d

In the first link it says it is not banned so I suppose that is fine.

Sorry to be a pain, but what does the CAS do.

Thank you for all your help!

Are you doing maths fm edexcel/ ocr a physics chem
    CAS is a calculator that can integrate/differentiate/solve equations and leave in terms of Xs or Ys, rather than just numerically.

Doing AQA M + FM and OCR Chem + Phys.

I think the OCR papers say "electronic calculator" (meaning a graphical ones allowed afaik), but again I doubt it'd matter if they just said "scientific" - my invigilators are all old and wouldnt know the difference.

ReputationRep:
    CAS is a calculator that can integrate/differentiate/solve equations and leave in terms of Xs or Ys, rather than just numerically.

Doing AQA M + FM and OCR Chem + Phys.

I think the OCR papers say "electronic calculator" (meaning a graphical ones allowed afaik), but again I doubt it'd matter if they just said "scientific" - my invigilators are all old and wouldnt know the difference.

Oh right I see.

Thank you.

Oh okay, thanks for your help.

And good luck with your exams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.