Edexcel AS History Wed. 13/5/15 Scramble for Africa Watch

CharlotteRL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can't find any forums on the Scramble for Africa topic of the Edexcel history AS exam, so I just thought I'd see how everyone else found it
I HATED how the questions were phrased, and I have no idea if my essays answered the point
How did everyone else find it?
faux pas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good
CharlotteRL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by faux pas)
Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good
I had no idea what it meant by 'reacting to events', so I ended up doing whether the boer war was of equal british and boer blame - however we had never been through who was to blame so I just went through all the causes and discussed who was mainly responsible , although I have no idea if this was the correct structure

People in my class who chose the North Africa question did a different structure, by linking everything back to British reactions (economic events etc.) - there are loads of ways people have answered it , so I wouldn't worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (12)
8.63%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (16)
11.51%
No, but maybe I will look into it (39)
28.06%
No and I wouldn't consider it (72)
51.8%

Watched Threads