Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't find any forums on the Scramble for Africa topic of the Edexcel history AS exam, so I just thought I'd see how everyone else found it
    I HATED how the questions were phrased, and I have no idea if my essays answered the point
    How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faux pas)
    Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good
    I had no idea what it meant by 'reacting to events', so I ended up doing whether the boer war was of equal british and boer blame - however we had never been through who was to blame so I just went through all the causes and discussed who was mainly responsible , although I have no idea if this was the correct structure

People in my class who chose the North Africa question did a different structure, by linking everything back to British reactions (economic events etc.) - there are loads of ways people have answered it , so I wouldn't worry

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.