Turn on thread page Beta

Really NERVOUS before exams. Help me. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All.
    I am so nervous about my exams. Do you have any good tips for calming the pre-exam butterflies? Usually people tend to only get butterflies in their tummy but when it comes to exams I am tingly all over. My Mum took me to see a Doctor last week because I collapsed when she reminded me I have exams in 4 weeks. I was in a state of mental breakdown and begun writhing on the floor for a couple of hours. I was annoyed by this because I missed my favourite TV show, Judge Judy. Sometimes when I try to revise my hands start shaking and I start to sweat. One time in an exam, I sweat so much that my paper became a little wet, and my writing started to smudge until it got to a point where my pen stopped working. I tried to use a pencil but ended up tearing what had now become a soggy pulp. Luckily I had a waterbottle with me so I pretended it had leaked onto my paper. During this exam my stomach rumbled violently and I had to burp occasionally to release the excess of gas building up inside me. I didn't want it coming from the other end. The whole experience was very embarassing for me but I think one girl was flirting with me because she kept turning round and staring at me.
    Does anyone else get nervous like this? Any advice? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    Mr Strong i'll always be here for you.
    but if you want my advice you need to head in there with your head held high and confident that you can make the loudest noise in the whole room. Now I don't know how Judge Judy feels but know this, I believe in you and if there is any Justice left in the world, she will too.

Your friend
    L. Zoop
    Spoiler:
    Show
    God bless America

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.