Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mind went completely blank during the Core 1 exam. I couldn't think of how to do anything. I do know how to do it all, but I just couldn't do a majority of the paper. I'm beating myself up over it now, such a nice paper and I just blanked out.. I knew I could do it, I just couldn't do it..

Any opinions? Options for me?

Before I get kicked out of AS Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Question 5 I think it was I struggled with but otherwise I thought the paper was quite nice..?

ReputationRep:
    I did the C1 OCR MEI paper, it was a nice paper with only 2 A4 sides worth of questions. All was quick and simple apart from an annoying bionomial expansion in which you had to fully expand a quartic..

ReputationRep:
    How does it work? All exams give you a mark out of what? And how much would you need for a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wryal)
    How does it work? All exams give you a mark out of what? And how much would you need for a C?
    Which board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quirkyvictoria)
    Which board are you doing?

OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wryal)
    OCR
    Did you do the OCR or OCR MEI paper? (Yup, there's actually a difference)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeadyKiss)
    Did you do the OCR or OCR MEI paper? (Yup, there's actually a difference)
    Just the OCR

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the paper was easy but messed up in so many places,

ReputationRep:
    How much of it do you think you got right?

ReputationRep:
    Question 6 I couldn't do. :P

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do those simultaneous equations to save my life!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I did more working out than giving the actual answers, I did urghh ermmm, I really don't know. Just disappointed in myself.

ReputationRep:
    Think I made so many stupid mistakes in the paper.. Listening to my mates compare answers after wasn't helpful either

ReputationRep:
    I got a D on C1 first time round dont know how. People often neglect the vital skill of working under pressure

ReputationRep:
    How do you go blank on Core 1? It is for the good because if you can't do C1 properly, maths isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same OP. I revised really hard and averaged 90%+ in my past papers but I messed up too. I realise I made loads of silly errors either by miscalculating or not reading. (

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.