Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just sat the exam and kinda feel like discussing it, how did everyone feel it went?

From my knowledge the questions were something like:

01- Causes of Nine Years War
    02 How far was gloire a factor in foreign policy

03- Why were the Dixieme and Capitation introduced
    04- How far was corruption the cause of financial problems until 1685

05- Causes of War of Spanish Succession
    06- How far did Louis' foreign policy strengthen France between 1685-1715

If someone could remember the actual questions that'd be great.

Overall though I thought the exam was okay but I find it a little harsh how there were two sections on foreign policy and nothing on religion or absolutism. I chose to do the first two sections and struggled a little bit in finding a way to support the fact that corruption WAS responsible, any ideas? I managed to find plenty for the reverse argument though such as Versailles, Wars, failures in the Persian Squadron etc.

ReputationRep:
    I did Question 1 and 3 so I can't really comment on two. Question 3b was - "How far did Louis' foreign policy strengthen France between 1685-1715" or something along those lines! What were your answers for 1a and b. Just to compare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamieb272)
    I did Question 1 and 3 so I can't really comment on two. Question 3b was - "How far did Louis' foreign policy strengthen France between 1685-1715" or something along those lines! What were your answers for 1a and b. Just to compare!
    Hey thanks for the reply, my answer for 1A was basically talking about Louis' hatred of the Dutch (Protestant, republican, felt betrayed), his desire for strengthening his borders and Colbert's eventual endorsement for mercantlism.

For 1B I essentially talked about the causes of each war which covered some of the same ground as the first question but talked about his aims a little more. I think my conclusion was something along the lines of him being an opportunist in War of Reunions and Devolution.

What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I really hate to break this to you but for 1a I think you're wrong. Unfortunately from your answer I think you have got mixed up between that and the Dutch war. The Nine years war was due to Louis invading the Palatinate and Phillipsburg after the elector died....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamieb272)
    I really hate to break this to you but for 1a I think you're wrong. Unfortunately from your answer I think you have got mixed up between that and the Dutch war. The Nine years war was due to Louis invading the Palatinate and Phillipsburg after the elector died....
    Oh right yeah I mixed that up in my plan as well xD I've forgotten what I actually wrote about for that though now come to think of it. Don't know why I keep getting mixed up tbh but thankfully I remember before it was too late in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you got it right in the exam that is all that matters!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.