Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I passed my AST a week ago for regiment gunner as I believe it's the best chance to see the world and great to keep fit (2 things that I enjoy) I have my interview a week today and was just wondering what else do I have to revise for it as I've done a lot on nato, RAF history, about my training and what happens after bases in the UK and abroad what fitness levels I need to achieve and so on.. Any help would be awesome
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    News and current affairs.

ReputationRep:
    ah well done! hope it all works out for you, btw have you done the initial training bit? i wanted to be a fighter pilot but didn't have 20/20 vision so they backed me down hopefully after A-levels i'll be going CAE

ReputationRep:
    Never meant to start an argument only wanted some advice that's all, I have not done any training yet hopefully if I pass my interview then I'll know a bit more and will key you know but I really look forward to the PGSC when I get to that stage.

ReputationRep:
    You should be training now for your fitness tests!

The interview is easy; Just revise well all you've said above and know what's happening in the world.

Be confident but not over confident and let them know that you know what you're talking about! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    When they said training I thought they mean with the RAF not on my own, I've been doing 4 days cardio and 2 days upper body strength, swimming include with 5 days out of 7, just need to brush up on current affairs, will the general election be counted as one or is that to late to be discussed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamberridge1994)
    When they said training I thought they mean with the RAF not on my own, I've been doing 4 days cardio and 2 days upper body strength, swimming include with 5 days out of 7, just need to brush up on current affairs, will the general election be counted as one or is that to late to be discussed?
    Look through this forum for what other people have used as rules for current affair stories and the timing, then do your research and find your own topics to discuss. Pick things that interest you - they'll be a lot easier to remember - not the ones you think we'll interest the interviewers.

ReputationRep:
    The general election is the biggest uk story at the moment so I'd pick that if I were you, plus your bound to have an opinion on it

ReputationRep:
    Update: passed interview today (happy days) didn't get any questions about current affairs or RAF history (probably because I'm only going in as a gunner) asked me what I knew about my training and nato didn't ask much about the RAF so was a bit weird learning all of that and not get asked but comes in handy! Waiting for dates for medical and fitness now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamberridge1994)
    Update: passed interview today (happy days) didn't get any questions about current affairs or RAF history (probably because I'm only going in as a gunner) asked me what I knew about my training and nato didn't ask much about the RAF so was a bit weird learning all of that and not get asked but comes in handy! Waiting for dates for medical and fitness now
    Keep on top of it though, you may need it for your final interview. Well done on passing it, the medical is out of your hands so just concentrate on your fitness now. Good luck

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.