The Student Room Group

Can I choose my insurance uni on results day?

If on results day I meet the offer my firm choice uni gave me, can I still choose to reject that offer and go to my insurance choice instead?
I just found out today that this guy who sexually assaulted me has put my firm choice uni as his insurance and basically if he ends up there because he misses his grades then I don't want to go there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OhhNo
If on results day I meet the offer my firm choice uni gave me, can I still choose to reject that offer and go to my insurance choice instead?
I just found out today that this guy who sexually assaulted me has put my firm choice uni as his insurance and basically if he ends up there because he misses his grades then I don't want to go there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, your insurance choice disappears when your firm choice accepts you, and as universities get your results the weekend before you do, that will have happened long before you get your results. If you genuinely want to change, contact the universities and ask if they will allow you to switch them around now.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, your insurance choice disappears when your firm choice accepts you, and as universities get your results the weekend before you do, that will have happened long before you get your results. If you genuinely want to change, contact the universities and ask if they will allow you to switch them around now.

Okay thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by OhhNo

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your insurance uni has places in clearing and you meet the requirements, you could talk to them about accepting you, but you'd have to get your firm choice to release you first.

However, universities are very big places, and have thousands of students. Unless you're doing the same course as this person, it's not all that likely that you'll see them on a regular basis. There's someone from my school who goes to the same uni as me, and he lives less than a minute walk away, yet I've seen him twice since September. And there are people who I know go here that I haven't seen at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending