Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I signed a contract with McDonalds yesterday, but I haven't actually given in a valid form of the right to live in the UK (Passport, Birth Certificate etc) so I'm not allowed to work yet.

I received a text from another (possibly better) job today asking me to arrange an interview with them.

I don't know what to do.

Say if I go to the interview and get a job with the second company, would it be too late to leave McDonalds? Or do I have to work there? I'm stuck.

All replies are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-AdviceForMe

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware you can quit a job at any point in time. There's no harm in going to the interview, if you get the job and would prefer that one then just let McDonalds know. If you don't get it then you still have the back-up of McDonalds Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceForMe)
    Say if I go to the interview and get a job with the second company, would it be too late to leave McDonalds? Or do I have to work there? I'm stuck.
    You dont have to work anywhere. Equally; you can work for as many employers as you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDarcy)
    As far as I'm aware you can quit a job at any point in time. There's no harm in going to the interview, if you get the job and would prefer that one then just let McDonalds know. If you don't get it then you still have the back-up of McDonalds Good luck!
    (Original post by Reue)
    You dont have to work anywhere. Equally; you can work for as many employers as you want.
    Cheers guys! So even if I give in my birth certificate and I decide to take the second job, I can just forget about McDonalds?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys! So even if I give in my birth certificate and I decide to take the second job, I can just forget about McDonalds?
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    If you decide to definitely not work for McDonalds let them know of course, but yeah just move onto your second job, good luck with everything

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.