Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've almost completed a year of university (1st year undergraduate) and I'm leaving at the end of this year to go to a different university and start on a new course as I've realised what I'm currently studying just isn't right for me.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what I have to do to 'withdraw' from uni - do I just leave with everyone else or do I have to officially withdraw? I have an unconditional offer for next year so I'm not worried about passing exams or anything, I just want to leave there to be honest.

My university has little to no student support and no one seems to know what I'm supposed to do to withdraw so if anyone here has any ideas that'd be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDarcy)
    So I've almost completed a year of university (1st year undergraduate) and I'm leaving at the end of this year to go to a different university and start on a new course as I've realised what I'm currently studying just isn't right for me.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what I have to do to 'withdraw' from uni - do I just leave with everyone else or do I have to officially withdraw? I have an unconditional offer for next year so I'm not worried about passing exams or anything, I just want to leave there to be honest.

My university has little to no student support and no one seems to know what I'm supposed to do to withdraw so if anyone here has any ideas that'd be great!
    You have to officially withdraw and you also have to update student finance if you are using them. Otherwise you will still be enrolled there, how will the university know if you left?

You should email your head of dept./dept./head of year about your intentions and they will pass on the relevant paperwork for you to fill out. You can withdraw at any time, you don't have to wait until the end of exams either.

Best of luck.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.