The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about the As level Philosophy exam tomorrow?

Lets discuss any philosophy questions here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simbasa

Which exam board? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Which exam board? :smile:

There is only one exam board which does AS philosophy (according to my teachers) and it's AQA.

Personally, I'm sh*tting myself. This is the exam I'm dreading most :frown:
Reply 3
I'm really nervous, I'm doing wjec philosophy and ethics tomorrow. The content stuff I'm fine on but not so much criticisms and evaluation
Im doing WJEC too and i am dreading it really am :frown: My Ethics teacher hasnt been very good :s-smilie:
Reply 5
This is the new AQA spec right? Phil of Religion and Epistemology?
Reply 6
Original post by j05h.wr1ght
Im doing WJEC too and i am dreading it really am :frown: My Ethics teacher hasnt been very good :s-smilie:

Same here, ethics has been okay apart from the fact my teacher has pretty much no experience teaching it...:confused:
Reply 7
Anyone on OCR philosophy and ethics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simbasa

I have the feeling im about to kill dont u just love it? But also very scared
Reply 9
Im doing the OCR B philosophy exam board, I didn't know they had AQA in Philosophy. Do you discuss philosophers like Aristotle, Plato and Hume?

I still can't get my head around how to answer the part a)"Explain the concept of creatio ex nihlio" Its really confusing.
Reply 10
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
I have the feeling im about to kill dont u just love it? But also very scared

Yes, I feel ok with the criticisms, not so much on the parts of the moral argument from Kant and how to link the prime mover to Aristotle's 4 causes.

I don't think we practised enough essay questions in class
I'm doing OCR tomorrow

Hoping for a moral argument and plato question please please please
Reply 12
Original post by tashy-lou
I'm really nervous, I'm doing wjec philosophy and ethics tomorrow. The content stuff I'm fine on but not so much criticisms and evaluation

I agree the evaluation is the part I worried about, im ok with the criticisms because our teacher gave us building blocks to help us learn them. It condenses them
Reply 13
Original post by simbasa
Im doing the OCR B philosophy exam board, I didn't know they had AQA in Philosophy. Do you discuss philosophers like Aristotle, Plato and Hume?

I still can't get my head around how to answer the part a)"Explain the concept of creatio ex nihlio" Its really confusing.

You have to start by saying this is the idea God made the world out of nothing, then talk about God as a creator, maybe argue against with stuff like science (Big Bang) and I THINK (idk) you have to talk about the cosmological.. But I'm not very good on the cosmological so that's all I can say!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Bbbbbb2
Anyone on OCR philosophy and ethics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing OCR. Are you feeling confident for philosophy tomorrow?.
Reply 15
Original post by baldwel
I'm doing OCR tomorrow

Me too! The Philosophical Investigation website predicted that those two were going to come up. I'll post the predictions in a moment. They were very accurate last year. They also give reasons for the predictions which make sense.
Reply 16
Original post by baldwel
I'm doing OCR tomorrow

Can you explain moral argument pleaseeeee or give me a rough essay plan???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Shadi_97
Im doing OCR. Are you feeling confident for philosophy tomorrow?.

Kind of.. I'm confident on Plato, Aristotle, ontological, goodness of God and God as creator and kind of teleological

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by simbasa

It's a new syllabus for AQA Philosophy... I'm having a nervous breakdown because of the exam tomorrow ahhhhhhh :frown:

Hume comes up a lot, as a critic of design arguments, ontological arguments and cosmological arguments and for concept and knowledge empricism. Aristotle and Plato not so much, but Plato's theory of forms (for innate ideas and knowledge) is on the spec.

BTW, how long is your exam? The AQA one is 3 hours long.
Reply 19
Original post by Bbbbbb2
You have to start by saying this is the idea God made the world out of nothing, then talk about God as a creator, maybe argue against with stuff like science (Big Bang) and I THINK (idk) you have to talk about the cosmological.. But I'm not very good on the cosmological so that's all I can say!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that makes sense! I think as long as we include the relevant parts of arguments to the essay and it makes sense then we get marks. That's why the mark scheme is more general

Quick Reply

Latest