The Student Room Group

Welcome to the Faith & Spirituality forum! Here are some guidelines...

Whether you are a newcomer to the Faith & Spirituality forum or have been using the threads for a while you might find it useful to read our guidelines to using this forum.

Separate from the Religion forum in Debate & Current Affairs, the Faith and Spirituality forum is a place to discuss your religion, share your means of worship and seek support from the community.

This forum is not intended for debate (which includes any AMA threads) so if you are interested in debating the ins and outs of religions please pop over to the Religion forum here.

A temporary or permanent ban from the forum may be issued for those continually breaching our guidelines.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for creating this area for us and thank you for clarifying the rules :h:

:jebus:
Reply 2
I am very interested in religious talks. It is stated in MAT 18:20
KING JAMES VERSION
MATTHEW 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Original post by TSR Community Team
Whether you are a newcomer to the Faith & Spirituality forum or have been using the threads for a while you might find it useful to read our guidelines to using this forum.

Separate from the Religion forum in Debate & Current Affairs, the Faith and Spirituality forum is a place to discuss your religion, share your means of worship and seek support from the community.

This forum is not intended for debate (which includes any AMA threads) so if you are interested in debating the ins and outs of religions please pop over to the Religion forum here.

If there are to be no debates, why is this thread here?

Is the Christian Bible imperfect/flawed?

Is it just because a Christian asked it, or is it because the idea of this faith and spirituality group is just there to stifle debate, what good is a student forum without debate????????????????
should this section be renamed ? perhaps "religious proselytism ?" or "religious apologetics" ?

best
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
What good is a student forum without safe spaces? Get with the times.

TSR isn't just here to appeal to atheist edgelords, but also to normal people who want to practice their faith in peace.

i agree with you, but i really just want to thank you for the phrase "athiest edgelord". i need to have that written on my headstone. cheers
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
It saddens me how many people seriously agree with what I say sarcastically.

i was referring to people being allowed to practice in peace- i guess it's nice to have a separate forum away from debate, although now i think about it, i wouldn't know, and neither do i really care. don't worry, your "safe space" quip was perfectly recognisable as sarcasm :congrats:
Reply 8
Original post by TSR Community Team

Hi. If you think any rules for discussing faith (How can God die) has crossed over to debate please can the whole thread be moved across to the religious forum.

Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zero_Hero
I am very interested in religious talks. It is stated in MAT 18:20
KING JAMES VERSION
MATTHEW 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Our God is the God of unity. He clearly demonstrated in Genesis 1:6-7 while He was to create man in His image.
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

God could do everything without any forming a cooperative society. But He loves unity in love. At the end of the verse 7, it shows that the creating of man was actually done by Him alone because the word "He created them in His image".
I also love the Mathew 18:20.
In my opinion spirituality means the way you look at the world and how you make sense of your place in it, whereas faith can be defined as a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. I am very much interested in religious talks.
I am a Muslim.

In my opinion spirituality is a designed to help you maintain good health spiritually and mentally. I think spirituality is more of a therapy.
Reply 12
In what way does the life of Mohammed help you to maintain good health spiritually or mentally in today;s world?.
Original post by RumellKhan
I am a Muslim.

In my opinion spirituality is a designed to help you maintain good health spiritually and mentally. I think spirituality is more of a therapy.
Original post by Racoon
In what way does the life of Mohammed help you to maintain good health spiritually or mentally in today;s world?.

Are you trying to start a debate?

Firstly, I mentioned what my religious status was.

Secondly, I was blindly putting my views on spirituality - which is completely different subject.

Hence why they are in two different paragraphs.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by marieclair
In my opinion spirituality means the way you look at the world and how you make sense of your place in it, whereas faith can be defined as a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. I am very much interested in religious talks.

mmmh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending