The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Philosophy and Ethics

How is everyone feeling about the exam tomorrow and which questions will you be answering?
I'm only revising situation ethics teleological and war and peace haha is that risky???
Reply 2
Original post by himonkeyxoxo
I'm only revising situation ethics teleological and war and peace haha is that risky???
haha I'm not sure because I'm revising design argument, problem of evil and suffering, situation ethics and utilitarianism
Reply 3
I'm feeling quite happy about the exam, but I prefer the investigations paper. I'll most likely answer Cosmological, Problem of Evil and Utilitarianism, but I would answer Design or Situation Ethics if I had to.
Reply 4
Original post by oswalds
I'm feeling quite happy about the exam, but I prefer the investigations paper. I'll most likely answer Cosmological, Problem of Evil and Utilitarianism, but I would answer Design or Situation Ethics if I had to.

Ah, I absolutely hate the investigation paper! Not looking forward!
Reply 5
Original post by Samia.a
Ah, I absolutely hate the investigation paper! Not looking forward!

I hated it at first but then I basically learnt one essay off by heart and I've been adapting it for the different questions. We do medical ethics as well, which I love. What topic have you done for yours?
Reply 6
Original post by oswalds
I hated it at first but then I basically learnt one essay off by heart and I've been adapting it for the different questions. We do medical ethics as well, which I love. What topic have you done for yours?

Medical ethics- abortion:frown::frown:I really wanted to do euthanasia but our school picked abortion
Revising teleological argument, problem of evil and suffering, and war and peace.

For the investigation we've been doing the mind body problem.
Reply 8
I think im on a different exam boards but my topics are cosmological argument, psychology of religion (Freud and Jung), Utilitarianism (Act and Rule) and Situation Ethics. I'm personally not looking forward to the philosophy I have hardly any quotes. :frown:
Im doing design, evil and suffering, util and sit eth i think
Im doing utilitarinism, evil and suffering and teleological.
does anyone have any tips for writing a really god A02?
To those doing Problem of Evil and Suffering - how are you concluding and what have you written for part two?

I've focussed on Augustine and a little on Irenaeus and Hick but I am going over it now and I feel like I'm completely wrong and haven't written enough.

I think I've gone completely off topic and now I'm panicking so much! Haha.

Also I am re-sitting and did Miracles last year so I feel so unprepared. Any advise or tips for the 2nd part of the Problem of Evil would be amazing!!
Reply 12
Original post by _coconutwater
To those doing Problem of Evil and Suffering - how are you concluding and what have you written for part two?

I've focussed on Augustine and a little on Irenaeus and Hick but I am going over it now and I feel like I'm completely wrong and haven't written enough.

I think I've gone completely off topic and now I'm panicking so much! Haha.

Also I am re-sitting and did Miracles last year so I feel so unprepared. Any advise or tips for the 2nd part of the Problem of Evil would be amazing!!

In part A if they ask for 2 solutions to the POV then you talk about Irenaeus and Augustine and in part B you are most likely asked to compare the two. However, if they ask for 1, then in part B they will ask you to compare one against the other e.g. if Augustine was part A then in part B you would evaluate why Ireneaus is better.
Reply 13
Original post by johnhick98
Im doing utilitarinism, evil and suffering and teleological.
does anyone have any tips for writing a really god A02?

if you are asked for strengths then you use this structure;
- strength
- weakness
- strength
for each paragraph
If weakness then you use this structure;
- weakness
- strength
- weakness
(you can evaluate more if you have enough time)
Original post by Samia.a
In part A if they ask for 2 solutions to the POV then you talk about Irenaeus and Augustine and in part B you are most likely asked to compare the two. However, if they ask for 1, then in part B they will ask you to compare one against the other e.g. if Augustine was part A then in part B you would evaluate why Ireneaus is better.

Late reply sorry, but thank you so much. I saw it last night, but I forgot to reply haha. But thank you!

I am so happy the questions were pretty straightforward :-)

Hope the exam went okay for everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest