The Student Room Group

Economics vs management degree

Someone please help me!

i am looking to apply to university in the next year, I am studying AS levels at the moment. Previously I have had my mind set on an economics degree, however I worry that the statistical side will be too difficult because I am struggling in S1 AS maths. I have looked at many prospectuses, and management looks more and more appealing, although I worry that it could be viewed as a 'softer' option by employers!

gcse grades were 7A*s 4As and 1B and I am predicted AAAA at AS

any advice at all?! :smile:
Original post by downton-abbie
Someone please help me!

i am looking to apply to university in the next year, I am studying AS levels at the moment. Previously I have had my mind set on an economics degree, however I worry that the statistical side will be too difficult because I am struggling in S1 AS maths. I have looked at many prospectuses, and management looks more and more appealing, although I worry that it could be viewed as a 'softer' option by employers!

gcse grades were 7A*s 4As and 1B and I am predicted AAAA at AS

any advice at all?! :smile:

Partly depends on what career you would like to do. If it's the general finance, chartered accounting type stuff then pick the subject that'd realistically get you into the best possible university.

Also consider Accounting & Finance as an option, it is more technical than management but is still relevant to the majority of commercial tasks and sidesteps the heavy mathematical component found in some economics degrees.
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Partly depends on what career you would like to do. If it's the general finance, chartered accounting type stuff then pick the subject that'd realistically get you into the best possible university.

Also consider Accounting & Finance as an option, it is more technical than management but is still relevant to the majority of commercial tasks and sidesteps the heavy mathematical component found in some economics degrees.

looking into mainly general finance, so accounting and finance looks like another good option for me to consider, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest