The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Level

Anyone who got close to/actually got full UMS in AS/A2 Biology with OCR, could you tell me what you did to revise? Sooooo nervous, and need an A in Biology this year! Doing A2 biology but retaking both AS modules as I got Bs in them
Original post by somebrownguy
Anyone who got close to/actually got full UMS in AS/A2 Biology with OCR, could you tell me what you did to revise? Sooooo nervous, and need an A in Biology this year! Doing A2 biology but retaking both AS modules as I got Bs in them

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Biology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :h:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=129
Original post by somebrownguy

Hi there :smile:

I didn't take OCR Biology nor did I get full UMS but I can give you some revision tips and advise if you're interested.

The thing about revision is that different things work for different people, there is no one way to revise just as there is no specific way to revise for a certain subject, there are no sure fire methods that will help you learn what you need. Also just because something works for some else doesn't mean it will work for you.

The trick is to try lots of different methods and find what works for you, it also helps to try and make things fun, if you're just reading notes or writing your'll get bored and find ti harder to stick to it without procrastinating. (which brings me to another important tip make sure you take plenty of breaks, it gives you a chance to think about what you've just learnt and allows you to recover and reenergise :smile:)

There are lots of different revision techniques you can try, for example if you're a visual leaner you can try making posters and mind maps with coloured paper and pens and you could place these around your room, your study area or even your bed so that you can look at them each night. You could also try question and answer flash cards, each one with a question on one side and the answer on the reverse and you could use different colours for different topics.
If you're an auditory learner you could try recording yourself talking about a topic and then listening back to it or listening to relevant videos and tutorials on YouTube.

There are lots of other things you could try which I'm sure you could discover by searching around the Internet :wink:

I hope you find this of some help and good luck with your exams. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Exam tommorow :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending