Turn on thread page Beta

How do you make your eyeliner last all day? watch

ReputationRep:
    I currently wear waterproof eyeliner on my top lid only and mascara every day but for some reason it seems to rub off under my eyes in just a few hours no matter what I try! I've gone through so many brands now it's crazy and nothing seems to work. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on making your eye make-up last for longer? I'm getting so stressed that I have panda eyes all day at work

ReputationRep:
    Benefit eye primer, think it's called stay don't stray. Put it on before your make up and it holds it in place

ReputationRep:
    Primer! Urban Decay primer potion is my favourite for helping eye makeup to last. Also, what type of eyeliner do you use? Gel eyeliner is amazing for lasting all day, liquid and pencil however, not so much.

ReputationRep:
    Primer!! I use No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing & Brightening Eye Base and a good quality eyeliner. I use the Urban Decay eyeliner pencils.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i had the same problem for so long! i use a primer, or even a foundation, the thing that worked for me was to put powder over the top of the primer, like a pressed powder or a bit of eyeshadow as it helps it set and stop creasing. Another tip is that i line my eye first with a khol pencil then go over the top with liquid and add flicks, this helped the most for me, it lasts til night hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    oops sorry, for under eyes i use a primer, then add khol liner then smoke this out with a little eyeshadow to match my top lid, i think that the power help it set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDarcy)
    I currently wear waterproof eyeliner on my top lid only and mascara every day but for some reason it seems to rub off under my eyes in just a few hours no matter what I try! I've gone through so many brands now it's crazy and nothing seems to work. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on making your eye make-up last for longer? I'm getting so stressed that I have panda eyes all day at work
    do you have quite watery eyes? might be the issue!

i wear liquid eyeliner on my top lid and mascara too, the way i stopped my panda eyes was by applying translucent pressed powder under the bottom lashes, i then blend it in with my finger because it applies more product and pacts it on. then i put some powder under the wing of my eyeliner. this way, when i blink, the eyeliner doesn't transfer to the bottom of my eye which creates the panda look.

have you tried gel eyeliner? I find they don't smudge as much...

or maybe your applying too much so that it sorta 'melts' off during the day?
    either way i know the feeling, so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    try the l'oreal slim eyeliner pen, I've never had any problems with this, other than trying to get it off :P stay away from pencils, they run like crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone for the advice - definitely going to try all of these!

ReputationRep:
    Whether I'm using pencil, gel or liquid, I always apply a matte black eyeshadow over the top of it while it's still slightly tacky (I usually go over the first eye with the powder as soon as the second eye is done) - I started doing it because I was using a liquid eyeliner that dried shiny, which I hate, but I noticed it made it last loads longer

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering - is it normal to top up or touch up your make-up during the day? I've only recently started wearing make-up as before I thought it was too much effort. I know some girls who freshen up their make-up whenever they have breaks in college, is this something that's necessary if I want my make-up to stay all day?

ReputationRep:
    to keep eyeliner on all day, but kohl on underneath
    and then put ur eyeliner on top. it will stay on all day even if it's not
    waterproof eyeliner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDarcy)
    Just wondering - is it normal to top up or touch up your make-up during the day? I've only recently started wearing make-up as before I thought it was too much effort. I know some girls who freshen up their make-up whenever they have breaks in college, is this something that's necessary if I want my make-up to stay all day?
    In movies, a lady would excuse herself to 'powder her nose' so yes, its usually necessary to touch up makeup throughout the day. I have switched to long wearing products however so i very rarely need to anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on your eyeliner, ive tried a fair few and only two brands have stuck with me and its collections fast stroke or illamsqua (ive tried the liquid and the cake liner) and I put foundation/concealer and powder on my eyelids sometimes primer if im out for a long time and want my eyeshadow to really last and its on from 9 in the morning till gone midnight if I have work and it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did in the begining

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.