Turn on thread page Beta

Chances of getting into prestigous fine art course without foundation ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm currently doing my as and doing my a2 next, doing 5 subjects, (predicted A in all of them) including art and photography, which I'm really enjoying and I always do a lot more than expected and I am the best one in the groups.

So obviously we need to start applying to unis this year and I know I definitely want to study fine art at a prestigious uni in London (Slade etc.)
    and become an artist, however I don't want to do a foundation.
    I already told my teacher and she told me I should start preparing extra work, which I am doing, in fact I spend like literally almost of my spare time doing art , as it is something I really really enjoy

So really my question is just , do you think that I have good chances of getting an offer , if I just keep doing my extra projects outside of school , and show my commitment etc. in my personal statement ?
    And also I know that it is not a fixed requirement, and they accept A-level students in "exceptional cases", what do you think would they consider to be such a case ? Just soooooo anxious about it, and it is really important to me.

Would be really looking forward to a reply, thanks

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.