Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've done my three year degree (I got in before uni fees rose to £9k) and went straight on to a PGCE last September but suspended my studies in January. So I've had two student finance payments for my PGCE,p. I'm going to withdraw officially as I don't want to go back to my course this September and I have a job as a teaching assistant. I still want to be a teacher but want to get a full years experience. If I apply again for a PGCE in September 2016 would I still be entitled to a full years funding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairy93)
    I've done my three year degree (I got in before uni fees rose to £9k) and went straight on to a PGCE last September but suspended my studies in January. So I've had two student finance payments for my PGCE,p. I'm going to withdraw officially as I don't want to go back to my course this September and I have a job as a teaching assistant. I still want to be a teacher but want to get a full years experience. If I apply again for a PGCE in September 2016 would I still be entitled to a full years funding?
    AFAIK, you won't be entitled to a full years worth of funding. But the best people to contact will be student finance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi got a question that's kind of off topic but hoping you can help me. I'm looking to apply for a pgce commencing september 2016 but I'm unsure as to when applications open for this cycle. I've checked ucas and they have the key dates of the 15th September 2015 for apply 1 and 9th October for apply 2 but I'm confused as to whether these dates apply for those looking to apply for 2016/2017 entry.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.