Where is everyone... :/ guess this just another problem with unpopular exams
Reply 2
Original post by lllllllllll
Where is everyone... :/ guess this just another problem with unpopular exams

Im doing it! Was just about to start a thread then i found this one:smile:
Original post by Tomh97
Im doing it! Was just about to start a thread then i found this one:smile:

How are you finding D2? lol

Yeah D2 isn't taken by that many students and those who do sit D2, most of them just take Edexel :angry:
Reply 4
How are you finding D2? lol

Yeah D2 isn't taken by that many students and those who do sit D2, most of them just take Edexel :angry:

It's alright I guess... The only thing I really struggle on is some dynamic programming questions and sometimes drawing a critical path analysis diagram. How about you?
Original post by Tomh97
It's alright I guess... The only thing I really struggle on is some dynamic programming questions and sometimes drawing a critical path analysis diagram. How about you?

I find game theory quite hard, no idea why lol. There's just always something that catches me out.

I find drawing the tables for early/late start and early/late finish INCREDIBLY difficult. It's just that when doing the backwards pass there are so many activities you need to keep an eye out for that could affect the late start/finish times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need links to OCR D2 June 2014 paper :confused:
Reply 7
I hate D2, its my worst unit out of the 6 that I'm studying this year. I struggle with the long wordy dynamic programming questions where you are not given a network or a table already. Can anybody shed any light on these types of questions as I am concerned that it will come up and I'll not be able to answer it
Original post by hallo.C
I hate D2, its my worst unit out of the 6 that I'm studying this year. I struggle with the long wordy dynamic programming questions where you are not given a network or a table already. Can anybody shed any light on these types of questions as I am concerned that it will come up and I'll not be able to answer it

I find them incredibly difficult as well. No idea how to better prepare for them. :frown:
I'm doing D2! Along with D1 and FP1, but I'm not overly keen on it. It's not proper maths to me :tongue:

But all the mocks we did in class, we weren't given enough time to complete them so I felt they were a waste of time :/ but hopefully I do well in this after FP1 to bring up my average UMS :smile:
Reply 10
I find them incredibly difficult as well. No idea how to better prepare for them. :frown:

Me neither, I've tried struggling through the past paper questions but they take me such a long time to wok out and I know I won't have that much spare time in the exam. The really horrendous ones have only been on 3 papers I think in Jan11, Jan12 and Jan13 so I'm concerned that as the dynamic programming question last year was reasonable, this year its going to be awful
Reply 11
Original post by AstroNandos
I'm doing D2! Along with D1 and FP1, but I'm not overly keen on it. It's not proper maths to me :tongue:

But all the mocks we did in class, we weren't given enough time to complete them so I felt they were a waste of time :/ but hopefully I do well in this after FP1 to bring up my average UMS :smile:

I'm dreading this paper. I think that it's going to be my worst mark out of the three and am just banking on low grade boundaries and a reasonable mechanics paper and hopefully a decent mark in FP1 to bring it up
Original post by hallo.C
Me neither, I've tried struggling through the past paper questions but they take me such a long time to wok out and I know I won't have that much spare time in the exam. The really horrendous ones have only been on 3 papers I think in Jan11, Jan12 and Jan13 so I'm concerned that as the dynamic programming question last year was reasonable, this year its going to be awful

Jan 11 was horrendous for the Dynamic Programming. When you understood what you had to do it was pretty straight forward but so long-winded and I wasted so much time on that question!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending