Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here's a thread to discuss about the unit 2 history exam, I hope everyone does well!

I'm studying the British India topic which I find a little bit boring in all honesty, I'm ready for the 20 marker but there's just so much content for the 40 maker. :work:

ReputationRep:
    Same British in India here
    Remember that 36/60 marks are source analysis/weighting/evaluation.
    Only 24/60 is general knowledge.

0 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SHOULD BE USED ON 20 MARKER.

40 Marker = 24 marks general knowledge, 16 marks source analysis/evaluation.

ReputationRep:
    How would you go about cramming all the knowledge in, in one week? :s

Are the myrevisionnotes guide book enough? I'm doing British warfare

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it will all go well!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am doing conflict and change i believe that is based around the boer war, crimean war and WW1, anyone else sitting this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeJamesMorgan)
    Hi, i am doing conflict and change i believe that is based around the boer war, crimean war and WW1, anyone else sitting this exam?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)

I thought the general knowledge was out of 16 marks, not 24? As in, the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloehowcroft)
    I thought the general knowledge was out of 16 marks, not 24? As in, the other way round?
    Part (b)Target: AO1a & AO1b (10% - 24 marks)Recall, select and deploy historical knowledge appropriately, and communicate knowledgeand understanding of history in a clear and effective manner.

AO2b (7% - 16 marks)Analyse and evaluate, in relation to the historical context, how aspects of the past havebeen interpreted and represented in different ways.(40 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)

What do you think our 40 marker will be? I was thinking something to do with WW1 or WW2 and how it led to partition or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    One thing you don't need to do in the Part b) questions is evaluate the provenance of the source (but you still need to cross reference!). Doing India... feeling alright about it.

ReputationRep:
    Wait are we talking about edexcel GCE HISTORY BRITAIN AND THE NATIONALIST MOVEMENT IN INDIA 1900-47??IF SO I HAVENT STATED REVISING AND GOT IT ON 20TH MAY WEDNESDAY1!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeJamesMorgan)
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mass media and popular culture in Britain 1945- present. It's not great..
    Does anyone have tips on getting high marks for these questions because i find it really hard :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing British political history (1945-90) and have revision resources they can share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_student)
    Anyone else doing British political history (1945-90) and have revision resources they can share?
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Anyone doing Early British History - henry viii?
    How do you feel about that? Confident or not? Is there some sort of pattern and can we have some predictions?
    I really hope the early period sort of Anne Boleyn or the later dissolution of the monasteries comes up x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrydunn11)
    Same here
    I find it so boring, have to cram the whole thing into one week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_student)
    I'm doing British political history too!
    I've got notes on it which may help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love British political history
    Wait, we're still talking about the book with Margaret thatcher in it right lol?
    I like unit 2 better than unit 1, but I don't understand how to answer the twenty marker without using knowledge because it's purely source based

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to get twenty out of twenty for source based?
    Really stuck
    Any starter sentences I can use
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.