The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzyozzy123
I looked at it a few weeks ago and know about what he did etc but probably not going to look at anything in much detail that happened before the course dates. Are you?

Is it not on the course then, we were told to revise it- I did wonder why they had never asked it before.
Reply 321
Original post by mirren96
is it bad we have literally been taught none of that?
:'D

Same here - it was all position of women pre-1900 and then the suffrage campaign...
Anyone have any predictions for the British Politics (1945-90) 40 marker? My teacher says that it's basically guaranteed that Attlee or Thatcher will come up...

I've had lots of exams one after the other so I haven't been revising for the unit 2 exam as much...What should I go over if I have 10 hours?
Reply 323
anyone mind sharing a good 40 marker?
Thanks!
Original post by bob smith 23
Is it not on the course then, we were told to revise it- I did wonder why they had never asked it before.

No im pretty sure it's not, I wouldn't spend long on it just learn the basics so you have the contextual background knowledge for the following events. Which textbook have you used?
Hi All,

I'm doing the exam on the Changing Role of Women tomorrow and I'm pretty confident on my content - I've tried to recall the notes for the chapters in each theme in under 2 minutes to ensure I'm in line with the time in the examination.

For those who are either confused or lack knowledge on specific area and or theme(s) or have a source and attribution they aren't quite sure about - Private message me (PM) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible or simply quote me and I'll get back in the evening sometime.

I wish all of you the very best of luck! I do hope that we come back tomorrow afternoon commenting on this thread "ABSOLUTELY RIPPED APART THAT EXAM!". Despite the stress, this is the last History exam of the AS Year so do enjoy the memorable experience Lol!

Regards - Gunnarsunn.
Anyone know of the most likely topics to turn up for tomorrow? (Henry VIII - Crown and Authority)
Original post by кяя
Anyone have any predictions for the British Politics (1945-90) 40 marker? My teacher says that it's basically guaranteed that Attlee or Thatcher will come up...

I've had lots of exams one after the other so I haven't been revising for the unit 2 exam as much...What should I go over if I have 10 hours?

We were told possibly Thatchers downfall or the years 51-64 which I know next to nothing about 😰
Original post by edward090
What is the evidence along with factors for reasons of partition for India??? Like how was Jinnah responsible for the partition of India?

Jinnah in 1940 in the Lahore Resolution he outlined the constitution for a separate state-Pakistan. After the Cabinet Mission in 1946 Congress and the Muslim League agreed with the proposals. But afterwards, Nehru announced once Congress ruled the All India Union they would act as they pleased and the idea of Pakistan would wither and die out. This lead to Direct Action Day 16th Aug 1946 where Hindus and Muslims murdered each other-within 72 hours over 5000 were dead and 100,000 were homeless. This led to the British deciding Partition was the solution, firstly the Balkan Plan failed and so the British divided India with the help of the Boundary Commission who comprised of equal numbers of Hindu and Muslim judges. Finally the independence of Pakistan was granted on 14th Aug 1947 and India on 15th Aug 1947.

In a nutshell you can say how Jinnah wasn't willing to compromise on his idea of separateness which made negotiations between Congress, the Muslim League and the British incredibly difficult e.g the Simla Conference of 1945 which reached deadlock. Similarly, Congress weren't willing to grant many concessions to the Muslims as they believed they represented all Indians. Whereas the Muslims were worried about living under a Hindu dominated Raj which led them to seeking Pakistan and separateness.
Original post by The-olden-days
We were told possibly Thatchers downfall or the years 51-64 which I know next to nothing about 😰

But learning quick facts for Brit Pol is easy, right? Here are some links with notes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2380269
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1637750

Last year was Thatcher so maybe prepare Attlee too is what I was thinking? I'm so unprepared I'm so scared...I have maths C2 tomorrow too...
Reply 330
hopefully anything on Crimea comes up cause I'm doing that all today or women in ww1 or propaganda ww1
Original post by кяя

Yeah I have a funny feeling it will be on reasons for Labour's 1945 victory, or Thatcher's downfall.
Original post by MouseyBrown
Yeah I have a funny feeling it will be on reasons for Labour's 1945 victory, or Thatcher's downfall.

I hope hope hope it's Labour's 1945 victory... If it's not Labour or Thatcher I'm basically screwed and I need an A or I have to drop history...which I don't want to do.
Original post by izzyozzy123
No im pretty sure it's not, I wouldn't spend long on it just learn the basics so you have the contextual background knowledge for the following events. Which textbook have you used?

In class we've used the red and blue edexcel textbook by Martin Collier, but I found a timeline online which puts everything in chronological order and condenses well:

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/edexcel-gce-unit-2-ireland-1867-1922-revision-notes-11001894

I've drawn up this table because it's the main section of info that the timeline doesn't elaborate much on ( it should be attached on the post)

How are you revising?
Hello - doing the Changing Role of Women here.
With regards to education and employment (most likely to come up tbh) is there anything else to cover other than:

Dorothy Beale + Frances Mary Buss in setting up Queen's college + the North London Collegiate School for Ladies, the two education Acts, the way in which educational opportunities for the different classes differed e.g. with dame/Sunday schools, governesses, finishing schools, etc, women's entry into university...Annie Besant + the match girls' strike, trade unions defending men's jobs upon their return from war, 'dilution' + sweated industries, disparity in wages, the fact domestic service remained the most popular profession for women, impact of war upon women's work, the impact of the introduction of new technology....am I missing anything?

In terms of personal lives - custody laws + Guardianship of Infants Act, Divorce Act, Married Women's Property Acts, Matrimonial Clauses Act, Jackson Case of 1891, Josephine Butler's repeal of the CDAs...anything else?
Changing role of women: how likely is it that individuals e.g. Asquith, John Stuart Mill, Barbara Bodichon, Lydia Becker, Millicent Fawcett, Emmeline/Sylvia/Christabel Pankhurst will be the focus of qs b)?

What about opponents of suffrage e.g. Humphrey Ward, Ant-Suffrage League, Lord Curzon or the involvement of men e.g. JS Mill, Richard Pankhurst, Keir Hardie?
Lord knows how screwed I am for this exam.. anyone know how to structure a part A and part B answer? Like each paragraph what you'll include... and intro and conclusion? Desperate help needed here :[
Changing role of women: how have people coped with 'hollow' questions e.g. Do you agree with the view that the repeal of the Contagious Diseases Act was primarily the work of Josesphine Butler?

Obviously you would have a lot to say to support the argument but what about the counter-argument? I have no other points other than the fact that she was supported by members of the Married Women's Property Committee e.g. Lydia Becker, etc?

Please help!
When was the last Attlee or Thatcher question? I haven't revised either and now I'm feeling slightly worried :/
Reply 339
Does anyone have any predictions for Henry, Crown and Authority, option A??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending