The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bethany09
That was such a lovely paper, it's a shame I ran out of time! Edexcel are so tight with timings!

That's exactly what I said about the 1st paper haha
I did the question of whether the strategy of world war one could be judged as a success, is it okay if i only really spoke about the tactics and whether they were a success of failure? and that generals were slow to adapt to modern weaponry?? i spoke about the somme and a tiny bit of passchendaele as well.....
Reply 622
Original post by bitofageek
I did! I though the 20 marker was quite nice actually. for the 40marker my points were:

British unable to control India/could no longer afford it
International pressure in world war 2
Concessions and reforms
Progress of nationalism

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the WW2 question. I got a C in this paper last year so I'm retaking - pretty confident I did well. My tactics were to get as close to full marks in q1 and then pick up as many marks in q2 as I could as my OK isnt great, Im busy revising for my A2's. I only got to make 3 points in q2 which were
-International pressure and domestic pressure during/after WW2- particularly the Atlantic Charter (source 18)
-The fact that Britain would've kept India if they weren't in financial ruin - point devised from source 16 and 18
-The rise of nationalism and previous concessions made - from source 17 and 18
Did anyone do section B - British Political History (Public Health)???
I did the women question, Married Women's Property Acts for part b. Worried that I didn't put enough own knowledge in because there seems to be only so much you can say for two acts? Probably should have done the other option but it looked even harder. Does anyone know the grade boundaries to get an A/B?
Nice! I like legit put the exact same points as you, but I also included how the outbreaks of violence like in the Punjab caused Britain to give India independence :smile: Hope you've done well!
I did,
-India was a huge drain on Britain
-Concessions did not meet the desires of Indians.
-Growth Of Indian Nationalism
-Communal violence
:smile:
Reply 627
Original post by _Holly
did anyone else do responding to change, option E2, and if so, how did you find it?!:-)

did that one! not sure about parta a, thought the sources were a little bit tricky. chose the one of racial minorities for part b!
No one is the while chat does henry viii? Really :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did this topic as well!! WhT question did you do for part B? I did Wolsey and it went quite well although the questions could have been better:smile: I really hoped reformation and Cromwell would come up but they obviously didn't aha. The source question was rather easy I think coz everything was just so straightforward! Anyway what do you think of the paper? Didyou have time to finish it all?
Anyone that did Experience of Warfare? Thoughts?

I ran out of time...
Original post by natasha037
I did this topic as well!! WhT question did you do for part B? I did Wolsey and it went quite well although the questions could have been better:smile: I really hoped reformation and Cromwell would come up but they obviously didn't aha. The source question was rather easy I think coz everything was just so straightforward! Anyway what do you think of the paper? Didyou have time to finish it all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About henry viii?
I said about the sources that Henry viii did intend to be harsh and used the cover policy of appeasement to disperse the rebels and then intend to punish them because they violated the Act of Treason and then i did Wolsey's question and i blocked i had no clue what to say i said he was extending Henry's authority but also trying to extend his own control and authority over the nobility. I had some other things added but i am insecure about the whole paper. I cant even properly remember the questions i was quite unhappy because i thought that rebellions would show up on the big 49 mark question but sadly didnt :frown: Anyway we will just have to wait an see how it goes x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 632
wahay! yeah I'm not sure either and I also did the racial minorities one for part b as well! can you remember what the wording of the actual question was because I've been panicking I misread it hahaha? what sort of stuff did you mention?:smile:
Original post by alvosm
did that one! not sure about parta a, thought the sources were a little bit tricky. chose the one of racial minorities for part b!
Original post by MoeSidat
I did,
-India was a huge drain on Britain
-Concessions did not meet the desires of Indians.
-Growth Of Indian Nationalism
-Communal violence
:smile:

What did you do about communal violence? I did Calcutta Killings but regret that now!
Wow I think you'd get very high marks for the first part definitely... With the B Part I put that yes he was sometimes abusing his power to promote his own interests, to attack the nobility etc. But in my conclusion I've said that Henry would have never given the full power to him and that Wolsey was aware of that and therefore was acting on kings orders and was trying to extend his authority by economic reforms like General proscription or foreign policy... I hope my unit 1 marks will pull me up aha
Original post by victoria1998
Anyone that did Experience of Warfare? Thoughts?

I ran out of time...

What question did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jemmabb
What question did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

WW1, British strategies...
Reply 637
Did anyone do Unit C, women's rights?

My first 20 mark answer was pretty jumbled up, but I concluded that none of the sources showed an improvement in women work conditions during WW1.

I also answered b) i) about the impact of married women property acts on women's rights, and argued how it had little impact in general on womens rights due to the limitation of women who were lucky enough to inherit, how little it effected working class woman, and how little self confidence with the ownership of property contributed towards other causes such as the franchise for women.

I might have went off topic and mentioned about how the sources mentioned about men (Such as politicians and trade unions.) who were still unsympathetic about women issues, and specifically supported the angel in the house theory which contributed towards woman still being economically dependent. Also mentioned about the lack of variety of jobs due to discrimination which again made woman still economically dependent.

Did I screw up?

Edit: Also I made a ton of spelling errors due to time pressure. I'm worried the examiner might think I'm slightly illiterate or something oh god..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rhys241196
I really liked section a. I thought that the sources were brilliant too. Question b was a nice question too but I found it difficult to integrate enough quotes into my answer so I'm hoping my AO1 marks will pull it up to get a B or C overall and possibly an low A when combined with Stalin/ Mao. I'm just hoping that the examiner will overlook my lack of source analysis in question b, do you need too do much source work in b?

Same, I felt I could have done more with the sources. I used all three sources, expanded on posts made in it and cross referenced (mainly the first two). I feel I smashed the first exam so I'm not too fussed about not doing as well I hoped, should still get an A hopefully. I just feel like I didn't write enough for the fourty marker, there wasn't too much to talk about tbh so I felt like I was waffling at times. Still pleased enough
Original post by elmacho
Did anyone do section B - British Political History (Public Health)???

Yes I did Poverty and Public Health but completely mucked it up with timings wrote loads for part but hardly any for part b I'm screwed. How did you think it went?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending