Original post by victoria1998
WW1, British strategies...

What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jemmabb
What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about:

"Pals" battalions, Battle of the Somme, General Douglas Haig, Conscription/The Derby Scheme, BEF and Conscientious Objectors...

You?
Original post by jabire3
Same, I felt I could have done more with the sources. I used all three sources, expanded on posts made in it and cross referenced (mainly the first two). I feel I smashed the first exam so I'm not too fussed about not doing as well I hoped, should still get an A hopefully. I just feel like I didn't write enough for the fourty marker, there wasn't too much to talk about tbh so I felt like I was waffling at times. Still pleased enough

I didn't really cross reference so much. I sort of imbedded quotes into my own knowledge to support my view on gandhi's effectiveness. I didn't really reference the quotes as sources as in 14,15,16 or whatever I just embedded quotes from them into explaining my reasons why Gandhi was or wasn't effective. Do I have to analyse their opinion of the question or use their opinions to back up my judgement and knowledge?

Because I reached my own judgement but didn't give the sources judgement
Did anyone do the Margaret Thatcher question?
I talked about the Muslims and Hindus fighting in the Punjab, don't worry you'll be fine!
Original post by ElizabethThacker
Yes I did Poverty and Public Health but completely mucked it up with timings wrote loads for part but hardly any for part b I'm screwed. How did you think it went?

Yeah part a was a mess...I was unsure of what Dicken's was trying to say, what did you write?? And what part b did you do? I did (i) WHAT OWN KNOWLEDGE DO YOU INCLUDE ABOUT COSTS??
Original post by victoria1998
I wrote about:

"Pals" battalions, Battle of the Somme, General Douglas Haig, Conscription/The Derby Scheme, BEF and Conscientious Objectors...

You?

My friend did this question and wrote similarly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usernotavailable
I did the women question, Married Women's Property Acts for part b. Worried that I didn't put enough own knowledge in because there seems to be only so much you can say for two acts? Probably should have done the other option but it looked even harder. Does anyone know the grade boundaries to get an A/B?

It's 45/60 for an A grade
It's about 41/2/60 for a B grade
Original post by Uphigh
Did anyone do Unit C, women's rights?

My first 20 mark answer was pretty jumbled up, but I concluded that none of the sources showed an improvement in women work conditions during WW1.

I also answered b) i) about the impact of married women property acts on women's rights, and argued how it had little impact in general on womens rights due to the limitation of women who were lucky enough to inherit, how little it effected working class woman, and how little self confidence with the ownership of property contributed towards other causes such as the franchise for women.

I might have went off topic and mentioned about how the sources mentioned about men (Such as politicians and trade unions.) who were still unsympathetic about women issues, and specifically supported the angel in the house theory which contributed towards woman still being economically dependent. Also mentioned about the lack of variety of jobs due to discrimination which again made woman still economically dependent.

Did I screw up?

Edit: Also I made a ton of spelling errors due to time pressure. I'm worried the examiner might think I'm slightly illiterate or something oh god..

What you've included is fine, I did the other B question instead though. Spelling errors don't really matter, as long as you could spell your basic phrases... Examiners understand the pressure, so no worries!
What did (any of you who studied India) put in terms of weighting and reliability of sources 10,11 and 12 in question A?
(edited 8 years ago)
Please can you tell me what the section A question was and what the choice of section B questions were? I missed the exam, it was a retake
Thank you
Original post by Rhys241196
I didn't really cross reference so much. I sort of imbedded quotes into my own knowledge to support my view on gandhi's effectiveness. I didn't really reference the quotes as sources as in 14,15,16 or whatever I just embedded quotes from them into explaining my reasons why Gandhi was or wasn't effective. Do I have to analyse their opinion of the question or use their opinions to back up my judgement and knowledge?

Because I reached my own judgement but didn't give the sources judgement

Both to the question asked but more the second one...
Please can someone tell me what the section A question was and what the choice of section B questions were? I missed the exam, it was a retakeThank you
Original post by elmacho
Yeah part a was a mess...I was unsure of what Dicken's was trying to say, what did you write?? And what part b did you do? I did (i) WHAT OWN KNOWLEDGE DO YOU INCLUDE ABOUT COSTS??

I did the cost one as well, um mentioned a bit about how the roundsman encouraged people to have more children and that it led to dependency also about the settlement acts briefly, but to be quite honest it was a complete and utter mess. Was supposed to write twice as much as I wrote for part a but couldn't remember the timings so hardly so anything for part b it was shocking!
Did anyone do the boer war social reform question? How did you use the sources?
Did anyone do the Crimean War 1a question?
Original post by sazzledazzle
Did anyone do the boer war social reform question? How did you use the sources?

I did this and I used source 5 I think to back up that there was reforms e.g. School meals act and medical inspections. I used source 4 to say to much money had been spent on war meaning that there wasn't enough money for reform. And source 6 I used in conjunction with source 5 as 6 was vague with little to say about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ashleylouise98

Yeah I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jemmabb
I did this and I used source 5 I think to back up that there was reforms e.g. School meals act and medical inspections. I used source 4 to say to much money had been spent on war meaning that there wasn't enough money for reform. And source 6 I used in conjunction with source 5 as 6 was vague with little to say about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i found the sources quite difficult to use but i did that. What did you talk about for provenance?
Original post by ashleylouise98

yeah I did, thought it was quite a good question tbh as you could cross reference loads and good provenances.

Quick Reply