The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 6H102 20/05/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sam_xox
Will I be redoing it next year in June then?

Thanks so much btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to, depending on if Edexcel publish another exam series in 2016 for this exam
Reply 741
Original post by Gunnarsunn
Hey! As long as you didn't mess up the 40 marker it shouldn't be too bad. The 20 markers are simple! Point, evidence from the source then a little explanation. Then a small comment on how useful the sources are. All you need to get a top marks! I'm sure you did all of these!

Don't worry about it too much!

Regards - Gunnarsunn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks dude :smile:

Providing that I've got more marks than I did last year I'm going to be very, very happy! :h:
Original post by OhGod
Thanks dude :smile:

Providing that I've got more marks than I did last year I'm going to be very, very happy! :h:

That's the way to go! Self improvement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 743
Original post by Gunnarsunn
That's the way to go! Self improvement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ty! +1 Rep!
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
How did you get corruption of the church from the sources?

I can't remember the sources but it said something about it
Original post by muneebqureshi21
That was in source 1. it said that the pope's treatment of henry (referring to the great matter) lead to henry reforming the church because henry saw it to be corrupt.

I mentioned of the corruption of the clergy and the wealth of the monasteriestoo? Is that ok
Reply 746
Anyone doing international relations 1919-1940 and Russia in revolution?
I think yes, because the pope is technically one of the clergy men so if the Henry saw the leader to be corrupt then why not the church, this drove Henry to reform and therefore bought religious change. And i also mentioned the wealth and the dissolution because he was not driven by any type of faction, but his OWN desire to exploit the church, this would disagree with the question and the sources 7 and 8 but agree with source 9.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by muneebqureshi21
I think yes, because the pope is technically one of the clergy men so if the Henry saw the leader to be corrupt then why not the church, this drove Henry to reform and therefore bought religious change. And i also mentioned the wealth and the dissolution because he was not driven by any type of faction, but his OWN desire to exploit the church, this would disagree with the question and the sources 7 and 8 but agree with source 9.

i actually agreed with it. I said factions like anne boelyn and thomas cromweel although the king had no religious view mentioned in one of the sources, it very likely that one of his most trusted advisors and his wife could influence a religious change. If he had no religious view then someone must of influenced him. But you are also correct too
Original post by The.Joker
Here's a thread to discuss about the unit 2 history exam, I hope everyone does well! :smile:

I'm studying the British India topic which I find a little bit boring in all honesty, I'm ready for the 20 marker but there's just so much content for the 40 maker. :work:

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to ask how you did in this exam? And have you got any good tips for the exam?
Original post by Ben4
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to ask how you did in this exam? And have you got any good tips for the exam?

I got a high B in the exam (78). I thought I did much better after I left the exam hall as well. :lol:
I didn't get my script back so I don't know my actual marks for each section but I think I forgot to write one or two things for the 40 marker.

Make sure you know your content for the 40 marker and practise handwriting the questions in exam conditions. For the 20 marker you need to make sure your analysis is up to scratch. The only way to do well in the 20 marker is to keep practising answering them. In general, have an argument for each paragraph. Ensure you answer the question at hand (as in don't write about all you know of one topic because of a key word in the question). As long as your answer always refers back to the question and your arguments are clear, concise and well supported then you should get an A.
Original post by The.Joker
I got a high B in the exam (78). I thought I did much better after I left the exam hall as well. :lol:
I didn't get my script back so I don't know my actual marks for each section but I think I forgot to write one or two things for the 40 marker.

Make sure you know your content for the 40 marker and practise handwriting the questions in exam conditions. For the 20 marker you need to make sure your analysis is up to scratch. The only way to do well in the 20 marker is to keep practising answering them. In general, have an argument for each paragraph. Ensure you answer the question at hand (as in don't write about all you know of one topic because of a key word in the question). As long as your answer always refers back to the question and your arguments are clear, concise and well supported then you should get an A.

Thank you! I thought I did well coming out of the exam last year but it appears I did awfully, I should have got my script back but I didnt have the money. Thanks for the help again :smile:
Original post by lilohrisl
Hey guys
Anyone doing Early British History - henry viii?
How do you feel about that? Confident or not? Is there some sort of pattern and can we have some predictions?
I really hope the early period sort of Anne Boleyn or the later dissolution of the monasteries comes up x

Me! Just started some revision damn, I forgot how soon the exam was *sigh*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending