Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Biology Additional B2 Exam 12th May watch

• View Poll Results: What was the magnification ?!
    0%
    18.18%
    54.55%
    0%
    9.09%
    0%
    0%
    Other
    18.18%

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys so i did the bio exam on tuesday and the b2 paper had that question on magnification right. I dont remember it exactly but it was asking to use a ruler and measure the scale and find the magnification. So i found that people in my year put several different answers :confused:
    In the poll i included the most popular answers. Vote in the poll for what answer you put, if it is something else please say what you put in the comments.
    It will be interesting to see what the most popular answer is.

AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS EXAMS
    although im completely dreading it as i do triple and still haven't finished recapping c2 !!!

ReputationRep:
    4cm on the diagram = 0.1mm in real life, 4 cm = 40mm, to get 40 from 0.1 you times it by 400. Therefore the magnification is 400.

ReputationRep:
    how about the transect one the 6 marks it was quite easy but i guess i missed out 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman8787)
    how about the transect one the 6 marks it was quite easy but i guess i missed out 1 mark
    i found that okay and understood it so quickly did the rest of the paper and did the 6 marker at the end.

I wrote to pull the tape measure from the shady area to the sunny area to make a transect
    then at regular intervals e.g every 1m use the ruler to measure the size of the leaf of whatever it was
    at each interval also use the light intensity thing to measure the sunlight and record the size and light intensity in a table
    to this until you reach the sunny area
    then can carry out the experiment couple more times to get reliable results.
    If the results show that the size of the leaf decreases as light intensity increases the hypothesis is proven right.
    I didnt mention quadrats because it wasnt in the equipment list.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.