Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Does anyone have any prediction on what poem could come up this year for the May 15th exam??? I'm studying from the pre-1900 anthology. Please let me know
    Chloe

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam too
    My teacher has told us that there are 13 poems which haven't come up, and at least one is likely to come up:
    Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
    Love that doth reign
    God's Grandeur
    Nature's Questioning
    To Autumn
    First Love
    She Walks In Beauty
    Kubla Khan
    A Satirical Elegy
    To Virgins to Make Much of Time
    There is No God, the Wicked Saith
    Batter my Heart
    Break, Break, Break

also my teacher said that they haven't asked on a romantic poem for a while, which are:
    First Love
    She Walks in Beauty
    I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
    Kubla Khan
    To Autumn

so one of them could be a possibility.

I'm so nervous for this exam, I'm hoping one of the romantic poems come up, particularly wandered lonely as a cloud.

but good luck

ReputationRep:
    im certain it will be kubla khan as it damn hard and as its the last for this exam style they will be ending with a betch of question apparently. Hopefully not tho! you never know...the wjec might have a personality transplant and be nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting this exam tomorrow too, absolutely dreading it! Khubla Khan has sooo much to it, tons I could write about but simply cannot seem to get my head around the actual extract! Hoping and praying for an okay poem. Lots of revision tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely dreading this exam. Might as well walk out if Kubla Khan or Love that doth Reign comes up.

Praying for Break Break Break

ReputationRep:
    There'll be two to choose from guys, I'm actually focusing on the ones that haven't come up in previous exams. I've noticed in each exam, there are different poems they ask about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMash)
    There'll be two to choose from guys, I'm actually focusing on the ones that haven't come up in previous exams. I've noticed in each exam, there are different poems they ask about!
    The 2 that will come up will be from the 13 posted earlier in this thread. They're the only ones that haven't came up yet. Nothing can come up apart from those 13, but any of the 13 can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    Absolutely dreading this exam. Might as well walk out if Kubla Khan or Love that doth Reign comes up.
    There goes my entire life if those two come up. Although, as it's the last exam, I just have a good feeling about Daffodils... They can't end it without having used that poem. My strategy is to pick the shorter poem; it's less strain on the brain (less reading involved). Worked like a charm in my mock. xD

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Love that Doth reign but if Kubla Khan and there is no God the Wicked Saith come up I'm screwed

ReputationRep:
    What about prose, any predictions for Stuart/OIHOF?

ReputationRep:
    http://genius.com/John-keats-to-autumn-annotated/

This website has some good points for AO2 on some of the poems. Here is a link to the genius annotations for To Autumn. I think there were some good genius annotations on She Walks In Beauty and God's Grandeur also (which I'd love to come up). However, these points are made by contributors, so although most are good things to cite, it varies from poem to poem. Just be wary when using these kinds of sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    The 2 that will come up will be from the 13 posted earlier in this thread. They're the only ones that haven't came up yet. Nothing can come up apart from those 13, but any of the 13 can.
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessRose2)
    I don't mind Love that Doth reign but if Kubla Khan and there is no God the Wicked Saith come up I'm screwed
    I'm actually hoping Love That Doth Reign comes up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveexams)
    There goes my entire life if those two come up. Although, as it's the last exam, I just have a good feeling about Daffodils... They can't end it without having used that poem. My strategy is to pick the shorter poem; it's less strain on the brain (less reading involved). Worked like a charm in my mock. xD
    What do you mean it's the last exam?

ReputationRep:
    We are the last people to sit this exam with this specification so next year people will learn different stuff and not these poems

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I'm sad that Dinas Vawr most likely won't come up!!! Love that one!!! Will give up if love that doth reign comes up!!! Wouldn't mind Kubla Khan, it's got a lot to talk about. Thanks for the list earlier in the thread!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days! I would have just torn the paper up if Kubla Khan came up! THE GUY WAS LITERALLY ON DRUGS when he wrote it. Quite pleased with To Virgins in today's exam. Which did you choose to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveexams)
    http://genius.com/John-keats-to-autumn-annotated/

This website has some good points for AO2 on some of the poems. Here is a link to the genius annotations for To Autumn. I think there were some good genius annotations on She Walks In Beauty and God's Grandeur also (which I'd love to come up). However, these points are made by contributors, so although most are good things to cite, it varies from poem to poem. Just be wary when using these kinds of cites.
    You are so lucky! To Autumn came up, just found this thread today! Would have been useful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful-x-Medic)
    Oh my days! I would have just torn the paper up if Kubla Khan came up! THE GUY WAS LITERALLY ON DRUGS when he wrote it. Quite pleased with To Virgins in today's exam. Which did you choose to do?
    I did To Virgins, I loved the Steve Jobs speech paired with it-it was so beautiful to read!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ermmmm...)
    I did To Virgins, I loved the Steve Jobs speech paired with it-it was so beautiful to read!
    So did I, It was amazing. So easy to analyse but so enjoyable to read.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.