Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How big is the step up if I wished to do all 3 sciences and maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
    How big is the step up if I wished to do all 3 sciences and maths?
    I done all sciences and maths , to be perfectly honest i would not choose physics, the step up is not too high because you will have more time to revise the topics in detail,

ReputationRep:
    Physics is the one I would wish to do most, along with maths, why wouldn't you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek1878)
    Physics is the one I would wish to do most, along with maths, why wouldn't you do it?
    It is really boring personally for me i want to get into chemical engineering , biology

I'm currently doing those and I really do enjoy them. Maths and Biology I find the easiest, Physics is the hardest purely because of the mechanics in unit 2. Unit 1 is quite easy and just kind of eases you into as levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and physics are the hardest 2 a levels so taking both is not a good idea in my opinion unless you're confident or if you need both your your desired course.

(Original post by Fortauna)
    Chemistry and physics are the hardest 2 a levels so taking both is not a good idea in my opinion unless you're confident or if you need both your your desired course.
    I'd disagree with that actually.
    They're quite demanding but they complement each other well and it's easy to relate one thing from physics to another in Chem. It does depend on how good you are with sciences though😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    I'd disagree with that actually.
    They're quite demanding but they complement each other well and it's easy to relate one thing from physics to another in Chem. It does depend on how good you are with sciences though😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, for me I almost took 3 sciences and maths but decided to swap physics for literature and am infinitely glad I did since I wouldn't have coped with the step up since it is already big enough for chemistry!! But yeah if you're brill at the sciences go for it, I know lots of people who cope with it. But if you're having doubts about it like I did then I don't recommend it, especially if it doesn't matter for the course you're going for.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.