The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 2

Hey, anyone here doing the sociology exam on the 21st on Education and Research Methods, I need help understanding what material deprivation is
Original post by jemimahxo
Hey, anyone here doing the sociology exam on the 21st on Education and Research Methods, I need help understanding what material deprivation is

Heya, I'm going to put this in the sociology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=317
Reply 2
Does anybody have any predictions for the Education with Methods paper?
Reply 3
Original post by jemimahxo

material deprivation : poverty, a lack of basic necessities such as adequate diet, housing, clothing or the money to buy these things. In education, material deprivation theory explains working class under achievement as the result of the lack of such resources; e.g. parents unable to afford educational aids, over crowding deprives children of a quiet study area etc...
Reply 4
Original post by CeallachM
material deprivation : poverty, a lack of basic necessities such as adequate diet, housing, clothing or the money to buy these things. In education, material deprivation theory explains working class under achievement as the result of the lack of such resources; e.g. parents unable to afford educational aids, over crowding deprives children of a quiet study area etc...

Thank you so much !

Quick Reply

Latest